“friendly and casual”

Ranked #1 of 4 Quick Bites in Walkden
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A JD Wetherspoons pub. Good food and drinks at affordable prices. Tuesday - Steak Club - £6.85 with a drink Wednesday - Chicken Club - £6.10 with a drink Thursday - Curry Club - £6.10 with a drink Friday - Fish Friday - £6.99 with a drink Traditional breakfast from £3.35 - served till 12 noon everyday Afternoon deals from £4.90 with a soft drink
Reviewed 23 May 2017 via mobile

Visited with 6 freinds for tea on a Saturday. Very good menu and deals on. They had a manager's special curry rice nan bread 2 popodoms for £4.99 a couple of us got this well worth the money and very nice.Its a very busy pub but very friendly staff were really nice aswell. Nice big patio outside when the weather is nice. Definitely recommend.

Date of visit: May 2017
1  Thank jacque2014

Reviewed 23 April 2017 via mobile

Nice visit to the Bulls Head in Walkden, great value for money . Pint of Bud Light & Magners £3.98 ! Had a bite to eat too, great value and tasty . Can recommend the "State Dog" will be having that again, here or at another Wetherspoon's.
The Beer Garden is great, very big and well laid out, artificial grass in places with rattan furniture. Fabulous for a lazy Saturday Afternoon.

Management response:Responded 28 April 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, I am pleased you enjoy visiting The Bulls Head & our new state dog!

We are looking forward to the warmer months so we can all enjoy our fab beer garden at its best ! (Hopefully see you there!)

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

Always go for meal and drinks on Friday teatime. Lovely food great staff and service. But come Friday evening late the bouncers and certain staff ie. Emma think they are owners of wetherspoons. We was told last orders 12.30 then told 12.00. This bouncer not a clue what he is called said drink up. Thing is he never told anyone else. I was fuming. Next time he came round said excuse me but we come in here regular at teatime he said didn't know that I said well it dosnt matter who or what time you should tell other people and not just us its like you signal us out. Told manager who kind of sorted it out but not brilliant. I went to the ladies came back and this Emma who said worked there for two years was basically saying we were causing the problem. We have been going in this pub long before she did and who is she to go on the way she did. Making us feel like we are wrong. The lady bouncer was lovely trying to stop her going on. But at the end of the day I am regular customer and she should not have I tempered. Only thing can say that her partner was the bouncer or one of the crowd that didn't get kicked out

2  Thank ercadoow
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

As the sun was beaming down we thought we would stop for a refreshing cold drink. the place was clean tidy and the staff seem friendly we went in the day so was not that busy.

1  Thank ianbA9510MD
Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to The Bulls Head and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

This place use to be great but has gone down hill..I have been visiting here for 5 years,for at least once a week. Last week I ordered a mixed grill well done. After a long wait,of which is understandable as it was busy,my food arrived. The meat was medium cooked when I cut into the meat but looked well done to look at. I asked the waitress if she coulld change it as I asked for well done,I don not like blood in the middle of my meat. She took it away without any apology. After a 25 minute wait,I was getting a little fed up of the wait. Everyone had finished their meal. I called the waitress over and said I have waited 25 minutes, I would like my money back please. I was given my money but with no apology or explanation. Some of the staff,Not all the staff,do not seem to have customer service skills. The tables seem to alway need cleaning when we sit down, some of the staff struggle to smile. This was ,to me a great place once,now I think we will all be going somewhere else.

Date of visit: March 2017
1  Thank 113Sharon
Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. I have passed your comments on to the team in order to improve in the future.

I hope you will continue to visit The Bulls Head, allowing us the opportunity to improve on your last visit.