“nice day ”

Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Walkden
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A JD Wetherspoons pub. Good food and drinks at affordable prices. Tuesday - Steak Club - £6.85 with a drink Wednesday - Chicken Club - £6.10 with a drink Thursday - Curry Club - £6.10 with a drink Friday - Fish Friday - £6.99 with a drink Traditional breakfast from £3.35 - served till 12 noon everyday Afternoon deals from £4.90 with a soft drink
Reviewed 2 April 2017 via mobile

As the sun was beaming down we thought we would stop for a refreshing cold drink. the place was clean tidy and the staff seem friendly we went in the day so was not that busy.

1  Thank Ian B
Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review,

I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to The Bulls Head and hope to see you again soon.

The management team.

Reviewed 1 April 2017

This place use to be great but has gone down hill..I have been visiting here for 5 years,for at least once a week. Last week I ordered a mixed grill well done. After a long wait,of which is understandable as it was busy,my food arrived. The meat was medium cooked when I cut into the meat but looked well done to look at. I asked the waitress if she coulld change it as I asked for well done,I don not like blood in the middle of my meat. She took it away without any apology. After a 25 minute wait,I was getting a little fed up of the wait. Everyone had finished their meal. I called the waitress over and said I have waited 25 minutes, I would like my money back please. I was given my money but with no apology or explanation. Some of the staff,Not all the staff,do not seem to have customer service skills. The tables seem to alway need cleaning when we sit down, some of the staff struggle to smile. This was ,to me a great place once,now I think we will all be going somewhere else.

1  Thank 113Sharon
Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. I have passed your comments on to the team in order to improve in the future.

I hope you will continue to visit The Bulls Head, allowing us the opportunity to improve on your last visit.

The management team.

Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Ok now I'll admit I'm a big Wetherspoons fan and I hate writing bad reviews. However, I nipped in to the Walkden 'spoons tonight for a quick, cheap meal before my darts match. Unfortunately I've just waited 50 minutes for my curry order... and while I appreciate the pub was busy (what Wetherspoons isn't?!) that's not good enough. To add insult to injury the wrong meal came out (Chicken Jalfrezi & chips rather than Lamb Rogan Josh & Rice) but tbh by the time I noticed it was the wrong order the server had gone and I was in too much of a rush to bother getting it changed.

Food was absolutely fine and in defence of the manager she did come and offer me a free drink by way of apology for the wait but I was too rushed to accept. Will I come back? Yes! I'll just put this down as a one-off and expect better next time. FWIW, it's a nice vibrant place and obviously popular with the locals so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt!:)

2  Thank Matt S
Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Thank for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Unfortunately we do sometimes make mistakes and would like to assure you that this is not to our usual standard of service.

I have passed your comments onto the team in order to improve in the future.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

The Management team.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This is a typical weatherspoons hostelry which has an extensive menu of basic food anf a good selection of reasonably priced drinks .The bar service was good and efficient and in addition to the menu I found there was also a cheap specials selection I can't remember when I was last able to order a rump steak for less than £5 .The food arrived very quickly and was of a good quality although the waiter was a little surly but there again he may have had a bad day .All in all.in was a pleasant experience a decent meal in a busy pub

Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to The Bulls Head and hope you will visit us in the near future.

The Management Team

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Great pub with good atmosphere
Staff are all very helpful and friendly. Food is reasonably priced and they have a great app so you can order with out leaving your table

Management response:Responded 19 March 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, I am pleased you enjoy visiting us here at The Bulls Head.

The Management team.