“Must try harder!”

Ranked #7 of 25 Restaurants in Walkden
Price range: US$5 - US$13
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A JD Wetherspoons pub. Good food and drinks at affordable prices. Tuesday - Steak Club - £6.85 with a drink Wednesday - Chicken Club - £6.10 with a drink Thursday - Curry Club - £6.10 with a drink Friday - Fish Friday - £6.99 with a drink Traditional breakfast from £3.35 - served till 12 noon everyday Afternoon deals from £4.90 with a soft drink
Reviewed 23 March 2017 via mobile

Ok now I'll admit I'm a big Wetherspoons fan and I hate writing bad reviews. However, I nipped in to the Walkden 'spoons tonight for a quick, cheap meal before my darts match. Unfortunately I've just waited 50 minutes for my curry order... and while I appreciate the pub was busy (what Wetherspoons isn't?!) that's not good enough. To add insult to injury the wrong meal came out (Chicken Jalfrezi & chips rather than Lamb Rogan Josh & Rice) but tbh by the time I noticed it was the wrong order the server had gone and I was in too much of a rush to bother getting it changed.

Food was absolutely fine and in defence of the manager she did come and offer me a free drink by way of apology for the wait but I was too rushed to accept. Will I come back? Yes! I'll just put this down as a one-off and expect better next time. FWIW, it's a nice vibrant place and obviously popular with the locals so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt!:)

2  Thank Matt S
Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Thank for taking the time to leave us a review. I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this occasion. Unfortunately we do sometimes make mistakes and would like to assure you that this is not to our usual standard of service.

I have passed your comments onto the team in order to improve in the future.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

The Management team.

Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

This is a typical weatherspoons hostelry which has an extensive menu of basic food anf a good selection of reasonably priced drinks .The bar service was good and efficient and in addition to the menu I found there was also a cheap specials selection I can't remember when I was last able to order a rump steak for less than £5 .The food arrived very quickly and was of a good quality although the waiter was a little surly but there again he may have had a bad day .All in all.in was a pleasant experience a decent meal in a busy pub

Management response:Responded 4 April 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit to The Bulls Head and hope you will visit us in the near future.

The Management Team

Reviewed 18 March 2017 via mobile

Great pub with good atmosphere
Staff are all very helpful and friendly. Food is reasonably priced and they have a great app so you can order with out leaving your table

Management response:Responded 19 March 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, I am pleased you enjoy visiting us here at The Bulls Head.

The Management team.

Reviewed 22 February 2017 via mobile

What a local pub should be,nice and friendly staff,good atmosphere and not over priced,very good at any time of the day or night

1  Thank miguelcarloslobo
Management response:Responded 28 February 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review, I am pleased you enjoy visiting us at The Bulls Head and hope you will remain a much valued customer.

Thanks Again,
Management.

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

This is one of the better Wetherspoons... all offer good cheap drinks & food, but this one offers a bit more on top...

The inside is quite large and open plan, as most Wetherspoons are, with lots of tables and seating areas plus the large bar which can get busy and where some customers like to stand and chat... the outside is amazing - massive beer garden area with tables and seating designed in a modern style (a couple of friends commented that it reminded them of the Big Brother garden)...

The drink range is great... about 5 or 6 real ales including Ruddles, Sharps Doom, Abbott, etc... plus a few other beers and Guinness... plus a couple of ciders including Strongbow... plus several lagers eg Carling, Fosters, San Miguel, Stella, etc... plus bottles... plus wines & spirits & cocktails... hence something for everyone...

As for the food, it maybe on the cheap side but it is still tasty and you get decent portions... there are also further deals to make some dishes cheaper still... again there is something for everyone eg deli deals, pastas, burgers, pub classics, chicken dishes, sandwiches, etc... plus curry, chicken, steak club specials...

The bar service is quite prompt and good overrall... plus there is a good mix of customers from young to old...

Occasionally it can get too busy near the bar area or you may have to wait a bit longer to be served, but that's the case in most good pubs, plus can also be seen as a sign of how popular this place is by being so busy...

I enjoy my visits and cannot fault the food, drink, or service and would recommend this pub as one of the better Wetherspoons you could visit...

1  Thank Phil07Manchester
Bullsheadhotel2014, Duty Manager at The Bull's Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2017

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. I am pleased to hear that you are happy with your visit to The Bulls Head and hope that you will visit again in the near future.

Management.