All reviews bumpy hike treehouse toucans tours nature rainforest lodge
Reviewed 16 July 2016 via mobile

The family of the hotel was very friendly an helpfull and the view from the bar was very special but the rooms were of bad quality. The windows and walls were open so mosquitos and other animals came in and left excrument on the beds. Showers were cold. Price too high for what they offer.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Depending on the time of year I recommend going in 4x4 car.
If you like adventure and nature in a rustic atmosphere, this is a place you should visit .
I visit whenever I can with friends or family.
It is a magical place with incredible panoramic views . You can see the plain of Costa Rican Atlantic and the lush green forest of the central volcanic mountain range.

• Stayed: December 2015, travelled with family
Jairo P, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Mirador Prendas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2016

thanks for your visit !! :-)

Reviewed 21 April 2016 via mobile

We spend one night at the mirador and it was like the hotel was for us... no other customers...
The road to "climb" to Mirador is really an adventure but it worth it !
The hotel is really well done, the handwork is impressive and the rooms are magical ! The view is also so relaxing.
Our room was really big surrounded by trees. The paintings and the decoration in the room was perfect. We had a terrace with a private bar then we have to climb few stairs to arrive to our perfect room : big bed, really clean bathroom. To fall asleep with the sound of the jungle is so PURA VIDA!
We did the canopy and we had really great time! Zipping between the monkeys and toucans...
A special thanks to Miguel our guide (included in the room rate) who met up in Horquetas and guide us until the mirador. Without him who would not have done the road ! So scary haha
He also took us for a little hike where we have seen a dozen of toucans! He explained us some plants and trees of Costa Rica and was always at our service ! Speaking really good English !
A must see if you're looking for Costa rican experience

Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jessica D
Reviewed 8 April 2016

I had not re-read reviews before we arrived at Mirador Prendas. When our GPS first told us to go over a creaky bridge, I thought that we had the coordinates wrong, until I saw a faded sign with "Mirador Prendas". We continued on over another creaky bridge and about 30 minutes of very bumpy roads---four wheel drive a must. When we arrived, we saw a beautiful and big lodge ahead of us! The lodge has big banquet rooms and seemed the perfect setting for a remote wedding or gathering, yet the place was practically empty. The family was warm and helpful. The food was delicious, although there was no set menu. It was truly as if we were the first ones to come and be interested in food. The owner shared some of his home made wine with us. We had the family bungalow which had 13 bunk beds and a big swinging double bed that my kids fought over. The room was rustic, and you want to bring your own sleep sheet or sleeping bag. There was really no issue with mosquitoes this high up, but the room was open air up high and there were bats swooping around the top of the room which we loved! The place is filled with art and sculptures, mostly wood carvings. The pool is a beautiful wading pool which the kids also loved. I was told that they were constructing more which is why they were pretty empty. This truly is a magical place if you don't mind being way remote from everything. Wonderful for a family. They offer horse back riding, a hike to a waterfall and ziplining. I did not feel comfortable with the ziplining, as I was unsure what regulations there are in Costa Rica, and I did not know how often the zipline was used. This really was a fun highlight for us, as we felt like we got "off the beaten path". My kids are ages 12, 9 and 7.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Abigail D
Reviewed 30 November 2015 via mobile

What can I say about this place ? No words can describe what we've lived there. The whole family made us feel at home, great food, great people, great view. The most generous people we've met in Costa Rica.
Thank you so much for everything. And a special thank you to Alvaro who took us at 5.30 AM to watch birds and take a walk in the beautiful forest.

Stayed: November 2015, travelled as a couple