“Weekends”

O'loughlin's
Ranked #36 of 77 Restaurants in Carlow
Cuisines: Irish
Reviewed 6 June 2017

I would class this pub as great local pub and my local. I frequent this place every weekend and there is always amazing music on. Karaoke on a Friday night, live music on Saturdays and Sundays, also trad sessions on Sundays. This place doesn't do food but lay out free wings on a Friday (very tasty). The staff are so helpful and always have the banter and also the prices are great too. Never had a bad pint or atmosphere here. Great place to start for a great night.

Reviewed 12 December 2016

this bar is for the bikers and at night young drinkers not to clean and very hard to get to the toilets good music on friday nights

Reviewed 17 July 2016

Nice pub with friendly bar staff. We were there on a Saturday night and a live band was playing in the smoking area out the back. Although the Guinness was good, I have to say I had better in the other pubs we visited over the weekend. Don't know what the toilets were like but they did not look too inviting.

Reviewed 9 June 2015

I was in O'Loughlins during Carlow's annual Arts Festival-Eigse. To say I was disappointed is an understatement. I had been a regular here about ten years ago when I lived in the area. I realise that things can't stay the same but I was wholely disappointed. I would garner a guess that this pub has been taken over by new owners since I was there last. The smell when we walked in the door was enough to make your stomach turn. The general feeling in the place was one of neglect. The staff were friendly , I will say that. When we ordered our drinks and got little change from €50.00 for a round of drinks for 6 people, I was shocked. So much so that I asked the barman to double check. Unfortunately for him (and our pockets) he was correct. As a group we would have stayed there for the evening had not with those prices and surroundings. I used the bathroom and I literally had to hold my breath while I was down there. The toilets here have always been questionable but I am genuinely surprised that they pass health and safety standards. I know this pub tended to have two different types of customers in the past-during the day it was a rugby kind of pub with older customers and in the evening the students used to frequent the place. I'm not sure who their target audience is now, suffice to say I won' be recommending this pub to anyone. High points-the friendly staff. Low points-hygiene, value for money, atmosphere, I could go on.

Reviewed 14 April 2015

Quirky little pub thats well worth a visit. lots of great old pictures on the walls and the "george best" snug is certainly not something you would expect to see outside of belfast ! staff were lovely too !