All reviews stayed here close to town checking in cooked breakfast saturday night rooms were spotless lisa beds shower dryer cereal
Reviewed 29 June 2016

This guesthouse was easy to find despite the lack of road signs in Carlow. We were greeted nicely and given instructions on where to eat. The rest wasn't as pleasant. The room was adequate-- plenty of space for the two of us-- but beware if you have a lot of luggage-- there are stairs and no elevator.

We were also led to believe when booking that we were paying for a full breakfast (Booking.com) but when checking in discovered that was not the case. We were not given an option to add breakfast. They did offer continental-- but it wasnt the warm Irish welcome we received elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2016 via mobile

I cannot think of anything positive to say about this b&b, from a misstated breakfast (was lead to believe I was paying for full Irish but was only continental) to worn out mattress. Poor from start to finish

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 May 2016

Myself and a colleague stayed here for 2 nights for a conference in Carlow and couldn't have been happier with our stay. All the staff here are very welcoming and helpful, we asked at reception about local restaurants and were directed to a lovely local pub, which turned out to be one of the nicest meals I'd had in a very long time!

The rooms were clean and had everything we needed, towels, tea, coffee etc.

I slept really well, the beds were really comfy and we did not here or see any other guests during our stay.

If I was ever to come back to Carlow I would definitely be booking to stay here, excellent value for money and above all, brilliant customer service.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 April 2016

I had a massive trailer and van with two big dogs ...it was all no problem .great staff very friendly receptionist .clean room / shower and near the town centre.i'd change the front door lock if only to stop having to explain to every guest its on sideways though!

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 April 2016

Stayed here with my daughter, we were at the Pan Celtic. we had great stay and would highly recomend Carlow Guesthouse. Irish hospitality at it's very best. Booked again next year. Lisa and her team couldn't do enough to help. One complaint the beds were too cosy we didn't want to get up in the mornings! Thank you so much.

Room Tip: All rooms are excellent value.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family