All reviews stayed here close to town checking in cooked breakfast saturday night rooms were spotless lisa beds shower dryer cereal
Reviewed 20 March 2016 via mobile

We had such a lovely stay at Carlow Guesthouse. Ok, it's not a five star place and the decor could do with a revamp, but it was such a welcoming stay. Hotels aren't as cracked up to be. It was lovely having that personal interaction with the owners. The breakfast was spot on. Cooked fresh and actually served to us as opposed to the buffet style service which is so common these days in hotels. The room was spotlessly clean. The owners should take pride in their business.

Stayed: March 2016
Reviewed 17 March 2016

This place is excellent with great friendly staff. Martina is great craic, Willy and Lisa are the loveliest people you could ever meet. I stay because I have work to do in the area at times. I would not stay anywhere else, even if they offered me to say for free. Excellent value for money and to be truthful could easily charge people more just on the level of service and friendliness alone. If your ever in this area and you need somewhere to stay. You would be out of your tiny minds to even consider going anywhere else..

Room Tip: I can't really because they are all excellent quality
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 February 2016

A group of us stayed in the Carlow Guesthouse for a hen this past weekend and I couldn't recommend the place enough. The owners and staff are so friendly and helpful and couldn't do enough for us. Although a cooked breakfast was an extra €10 each, we were happy enough with the tea, toast, cereal, yoghurt and fruit that was free. It's very close to town but in a quiet area so it would suit couples and families, especially as some rooms sleep 4. The rooms themselves were very clean and I haven't has as good a shower in 5* hotels - they were a big hit with everyone.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 September 2015 via mobile

The B+B should be called B with an optional B. 80€ for room only in a bed and breakfast is very stingy in my opinion. Don't remember names but she was lovely the day we checked in, joking and full of energy telling us where to go but as for him, hardly a grunt when he took over towards us. Does not seem like he wants you there at all, very awkward indeed and the single biggest reason why we won't be returning, pity really.

Stayed: September 2015
Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

What a brilliant place to stay! Staff were super friendly, martina (Kay:)) was just so lovely and helpful. Gave us great tips on where to eat and had us laughing til out belly hurt. Place nice and clean, close enough to walk to town. Brekkie was great. I've never stayed in a B and B before but I will 100% be back here - with the kids this time!

Stayed: August 2015