“HOME FROM HOME”

Red Setter Townhouse B&B
Ranked #2 of 11 Carlow B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 May 2011

I arrived at the guest house and was warmly welcomed by Gavin Feeney the owner. I was shown to my room which was spacious, comfortable and well furnished with a double bed. The room had tea and coffee making facilities. A comfortable armchair in my room made working on my laptop a pleasant task with free WiFi.
The breakfast offered a good choice of cerals, fruit and juices as well as a full Irish breakfast. My work appointment wa not until 1230 and I was able to spend the morning working in a comfortable sitting room and Gavin kindly brought me coffee (no charge) at 11. Why pay almost twice as much for a hotel and not get the home comforts.

The guest house is right in the centre of Carlow and has a large enclosed car park which is free.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 26 December 2010

We stayed one night, without reservation. The room was very big and clean. Good sleep without a noise, and the car was in the private parking of the guesthouse. Big breakfast in the morning and nice talk with the owner who gave us a lot of suggestions regarding what to do&see on our trip.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 September 2010

My wife and I originally intended staying overnight in Kilkenny during a 14 day private tour by car of Ireland, but on arriving there decided to drive on to Carlow. The town is a delight with excellent shops, and everything within walking distance. The friendly lady and the Tourist Information office (next to the cathedral) suggested we stay at the Red Setter, and it was one of the best recommendations ever!
The Red Setter House rates as one of the two very best B&B's we stayed in during our tour of Ireland. Unfortunately the WiFi did not work, which was a disappointment, but a lovely meal in the Teach Dolmain pub made up for it - they serve the best Irish Stew in all of Ireland!
Red Setter House is centrally situated with safe parking behind, and the host Gavin is friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Great location with secure parking for my car. Also had free wifi which is rare these days.
Husband and wife team were very friendly & helpful and breakfast was top class.
We will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank APJK
Reviewed 9 August 2010

I stayed just one night but after a delayed flight and travel problems I phoned to explain my delay and Gavin gave me advice and bus information that meant I could arrive at the Red Setter that night - albeit very late.

I chose the RedSetter from the internet without any review and was really pleased once I arrived to see how bright and airy and well decorated it was with interesting pieces and pictures dotted about.

In the morning breakfast served and really relaxed friendly atmosphere. Could not fault. I will be back for a longer stay with family.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled on business