This is a wonderful property no more than 20 minutes from Colombo airport, yet feeling a million miles away. A converted historical building, this boutique hotel has very nicely appointed (and spacious) rooms with large modern bathrooms. The hotel clearly specialises in catering to people who want to relax and chill out either after or before a long flight and it is perfect in this regard. Wonderful gardens with many outdoor sofas, peaceful terrace. Quite small pool but in a very tranquil setting amongst the trees.
Very high quality and attentive staff. Food was excellent. Overall hard to find fault with the hotel. We just wish we had stayed there on our first night as well as our last!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wallawwa was once the country estate of the head chieftan of Galle. It is now home to The Wallawwa, Sri Lanka's first and only boutique airport hotel. Perfectly situated and designed to welcome weary travelers in style and seclusion. Just 15 minutes from Colombo airport and within touching distance of Colombo, there is now no reason to take on long car journeys after arriving at the airport. Join us, sit back and relax at the Z spa or at the Verandah restaurant and start or finish your holiday in heavenly luxury. A 17 room private boutique hotel, restaurant, spa and gardens. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Wallawwa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wallawwa Hotel Kotugoda
- Wallawwa Hotel Colombo
- Wallawwa Boutique Hotel Colombo