All reviews garden centre lovely site hard standing deluxe pitch clean facilities dog walk motor home green area level pitches rock pegs walking area fully serviced pitch lovely dog play area nearest pub shower block stayed for four nights
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

My partner and I have visited here a few times this year. Couple times with a trailer tent and now our new caravan

Facilities are always clean. Showers don’t stay on for long which I can fully understand why they do this but it can be irritating

Staff in reception always seem pleasant and welcoming

We stop on pitch 45 which is very private and huge !! Would recommend

Site is tidy and clean with a good control over nosie. Dogs are supper robe on Leads. We did how ever nearly run over a pug dog this week end as it wasn’t on a lead.

Tv got fab reception. Although our caravan does have a booster

I would say only down side I would say os the cost. It’s pretty expensive

Reviewed 28 August 2018

I paid for 5 nights to stay at Lickpenny. I found not only the lady very rude but also the gentleman who were either the owners or caretakers but neither had any manners dealing with the public. The first night I sat up uflly clothed and all 3 of us without electricity.........no hot drinks.......but more important......I NEEDED ELECTRIC AS I'M ON OXYGEN AND A VENTALATOR AT NIGHT.
We had driven from Kent and needed a hot meal and hot drinks, so we drove into Matlock and found a Wetherspoons open but by the time we got back everyone seemed to be in bed.
Luckily the awning was up as we had had help from another camper who lent us special pegs for rockey ground, which we weren't told of. Our pegs wouldn't go into the hard gravled ground,
. We couldn't blow up our air beds either, so we slept on stoney ground......me with no equipment or oxygen.
I complained in the morning but they didn't care and I asked for a reduction as we had no electricity.............to which the women wouldn't and she was very rude, saying that we had the pitch!!
He said we should have woken them up.....but that would have woken the nearer campers too and I'm not that selfish.
He came over and tried to put the electric lead from the campervan into the electric hook up but couldn't.....and said could he break the flap??....which he continued hitting it with my hammer, trying to break the flap...... I said if it meant having electric....yes.

Another camoer came over and said that the flap should slide in and connect with no problem........which it did!

Why didn't the camp owner not know how to connect an electric cable when he manages a camping site???
AND WHY WAS i CHARGED FOR THAT NIGHT AS I DIDN'T HAVE ELECTRICITY FOR MY OXYGEN AND VENTALATOR and we had not blolw up beds to sleep on???
I HAVE A TERMINAL ILLN ESS??

So the next day as I had no oxygen, I dropped my friends off in matlock.......(who had slept on rockey ground all night!) and I went back to bed to wear my oxygen and ventalator. That was the first night an d whole day ruined of our holiday.

On the 4th night there was a storm and because the awning wasn't cllosed properly the rain got into it and the bedding etc got soaked..............so we packed up and left..............we didn't even ask for a nights refund as we knew what the answer would have been no and we'd had enough rudness from them already.

A horrific stay..............but thankyou to the wonderful campers who make us hot tea and helped us put up the awning............shame the owners of Lickpenny weren't as helpful...........as I now have a broken flap on my electric cable thanks to a halfwitted owner who didn't know how to plug in the electric..... but ran a campsite????

Room tip: Road noise and rude owners!
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank lulu2806
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Well we really can’t fault this site in any way . It’s an easy route if travelling south down the m1 and all roads are accessible for caravans. Reception staff and caretakers are friendly And cheerful, Site is large. All facilities are immaculate. The pitches are spacious and the grounds are well maintained. There is a good selection of pitches all in good positions some with views. There are quieter areas which are a welcome addition for couples. Standards are better than some caravan and motor home club sites .

Date of stay: July 2018
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

While looking for somewhere to try out I recently purchased motorhome we came across lickpenny Park which was handy for Matlock and Matlock Bath plus a whole host of things to do the park itself was extremely well kept very clean and the staff were very helpful although I did get a little lost driving round the park this was my fault for not looking at the map properly which I have been given a short walk away was a wonderful Sunday market and car boot sale and just a short drive away The Heights of Abraham and many other wonderful things to do beautiful surroundings and will definitely be going back there again highly highly recommended

Reviewed 18 July 2018

We will definatley be returning to this site - was well kept with clean facilities and the staff were lovely
The p[itches are huge with loads of space between caravans - you can also pay for upgraded pitches

Date of stay: July 2018