See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 October 2016 via mobile

The youth hostel is a modern building next to the train station, where you also can take the buses.
The staff is very friendly and the room is clean. We stayed in a four bedroom, so it was a little bit small, but for a couple of days it is enough.
The breakfast is large. Therefore you can choose from a wide range of things.
I would highly recommend it for families, young and old people, it is really a place for everyone :)

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 March 2016

This was our first experience in a Swiss youth hostel and we stayed for two nights in a 4 bed family room. Compared to other available hotels in Scuol, this was incredibly good value and we also had our evening meal there once, which has to be booked. The menu is different every day I believe, but we had soup, salad, a main course and dessert for 18 francs for adults and 9 for kids. I doubt that can be beaten. The hostel is a few minutes from both the cable car and train station.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 July 2015

I liked this hostel because of the kind receptionist, Daniel! The rooms were clears and they came with bunk beds, and had relatively clean room. The atmosphere was nice because it was directly next to a mountain and there were various hiking path near the hostel.

Room Tip: They recommend great places to visit!
  • Stayed: June 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 September 2014

We were trying to chase good weather during our hiking holiday in Switzerland and found ourselves in Scuol with little preplanning....hence used bookings.com and came up with the Youth Hostel where we stayed for 4 nights. With memories of the backpacking hostel days of my youth - I wasn't sure how it would all go down with the kids. It was in fact a great experience. We had a double room with bath, and an extra bed put in. Very comfortable beds and linens - , clean, very quiet despite some large groups of teens staying. We slept very well. The included breakfast was good and they do offer evening meals that you sign up for the day of if you want ( we did not) . They conveniently have a place to lock luggage on departure day so you can hike etc after checkout and pick up your stuff later for the train etc. and a big room for bike storage. Very convenient to the train station but about a 15 minute walk into the main drag into town for restaurants or the Bogn Engadina baths etc . At night its a particularly long long 15 minutes at night as things seemed to shut down early here during a late summer week and its pretty lonely on the streets at night. Wifi only in the lounge and lobby, not in the rooms . Nice staff although I wish they had told me that youth hostel visitors got a deduction off the Engadin Bogn baths - I spoke to them at least 3 times for information about getting there, hours, if the kids could go in etc. As the baths passes were quite costly it would have been nice to know about the special rate (There was a notice at the desk but it was not obvious and I can't remember if it even had an English translation.)
This place had everything we needed and cost less than most local hotels - you need the savings to apply to the expensive tickets to the Bogn Engadin! I would definitely stay here again and it has made me resolve to get back to my travelling roots and stay in other IHA hostels in future travels.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Arcticfamily
Reviewed 6 September 2013

I've just stayed at this youth hostel for a third time and am very impressed at how consistently good it is.

The staff are friendly and very knowledgeable, and go out of their way to be helpful.

The rooms are modern and spotlessly clean, with comfortable, sturdy beds. There are sufficient showers on each floor to cater for all guests. (There are family and twin rooms available with private bathroom and toilet).

As well as the common area on the ground floor there is a very comfortable lounge on the second floor with large picture windows. This is a lovely place to sit and read when the weather isn't too good. The restaurant is large, with plenty of seating, and serves excellent buffet breakfasts and evening meals.

There is free WiFi throughout the hotel, and an internet-enabled computer available for guests without their own equipment (a small fee applies).

Above all, the atmosphere at this hostel is fantastic, with guests of all ages and nationalities.

Very highly recommended indeed.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo