Lowest prices for your stay
US$245
US$243
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$221
Hotels.comUS$243
PricelineUS$245
TravelocityUS$243
All reviews picnic lunch dinner reservations nice breakfast yogurt st moritz bread sauna card buses fridge switzerland mountains trail garage train
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2022

This review is not for the stay but for my booking experience with the hotel.

I had booked this hotel on an online booking website as it met my expectations of free cancellation and modification, no pre-payment and payment at the hotel. This was important to me due to the current covid conditions, as situations change daily. To my shock, the hotel charged my credit card in full. Once I raised this with them, the amount was refunded to my card.

However, this resulted in CHF 75 forex fees on my credit card. Again I raised this with the hotel and they replied saying we have credited this amount to your card. I believed them and waited for days but never received the amount.

It is very sad that during these tough times, even on suffering losses due to covid, most hotels are extremely flexible when it comes to future bookings, this hotel chose to charge my card resulting in loss for me.

I have booked and stayed in many hotels over the last few years but the booking experience with this hotel was very bad and insensitive.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank Wanderingdiva14
Reviewed 10 September 2021 via mobile

We made a great choice- Pontresina in general ( laid back vs St Moritz), and convenient for bus, train, car, walk ( in town or some trails or bike ), and Chesa Mulin in particular. Good beds, sufficient space, super clean, attentive, friendly and efficient staff ( hands-on owner family operated), good parking ( garage or outside), boot room with dryers, bike room, and very nice breakfast ( included) buffet. Great Cappuccinos, with refills, fresh croissants, etc. Market next door (7 days), bakery across the street, and many excellent restaurants in short walking distance, as is the local bus stop and even a close by train stop ( ask ! ).
Ch Mulin is also a RickSteves recommended property.

Room tip: Some of the outside parking spots (#3-6) are a little tight, and all could be a bit tricky in winter conditions.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 994PaulC
Reviewed 18 February 2021

We spent there 5 days in mid-February 2021. Hotel Garni Chesa Mulin has the best price-to-value ratio I experienced in Switzerland over the past years. The rooms are very quiet and comfortable, food is amazing and the staff is very helpful and flexible. We will definitely go back there on the summer season.

Date of stay: February 2021
Chesa Mulin, Inhaber at Hotel Garni Chesa Mulin, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2021

Dear guest
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and felt in good hands in our hotel.
Are looking forward to your next stay in summer.
Familiy Isepponi-Schmid and team

Reviewed 2 February 2021

Stayed at this hotel in January 2021. We had a lovely stay, despite all the covid restrictions. The hotel serves breakfast and also had some agreements with nearby hotels for dinners. It's close to local transport links and has a coop just next door.
The rooms are tidy and big enough. Only downside I saw was that instead of a double bed it's two single ones next to each other. Also, the bathroom has a "window" at the top into the bedroom... so you can see your partner showering! I didn't mind that :-) but for some it might be weird.
All in all, would definitely recommend.

Date of stay: January 2021
Chesa Mulin, Inhaber at Hotel Garni Chesa Mulin, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2021

Thank you very much for the nice review.
We are pleased that you felt comfortable with us, hope to see you again.
Family Isepponi and Chesa Mulin team

Reviewed 14 October 2020

Great place to stay, staff was both welcoming and helpful. Room was neat and clean. Beautiful view of the mountains out our windows. Breakfast was excellent with a variety of fresh breads each morning with a few new ones mixed in to provide variety. They helped with dinner reservations at local restaurants and made sure our stay was enjoyable. Definitely recommend the Hotel Mulin as your place to stay in Pontresina. Close to COOP, great bakery/cafe within 50 meters where we picked up sandwiches each day for our hikes. 100 meters to the buss stop. Look no further for your lodging.

Room tip: North side rooms have views towards St. Moritz mountains.
Date of stay: October 2020