Lock in the lowest price from these sites
FindHotel
StayForLong
All reviews star standard needs renovation swimming pool min walk great stay slopes skiing view passes summer
Selected filters
Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

My wife and I stayed for two nights at the Etrier hotel in early September, for short and relaxing vacation in the Alps.
Upon checking in, the friendly but highly inexperienced staff gave us an old and dark room with two tiny single beds.. Any professional and seasoned front office person would ask a couple if they prefer a single bed?
We moved subsequently to another room, facing south which was slightly better and had one large bed.
However there was no air conditioning and the temperature in the afternoon with full sunshine must have been 45° in the room...
The rooms are old-fashioned in a very old building and the beds have headboards, caution if you are a tall (I am 196 cm tall, or 6’5’”).

The garden with lounge chairs and the indoor outdoor pool all very nice.
Pull together however we would not return to this hotel, given its old and aged and dusty feeling... The hospitality industry is changing and improving in this hotel is frozen in time.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 26 May 2017 via mobile

Come here for my son's graduation at the hospitality school nearby. First night I got a small twin bed room facing back towards the street so I upgrade myself for a Queen size bedroom with mountain & pool view which is 200x better!!! The receptionists are very helpful & friendly, unfortunately restaurant only serves breakfast during low season. Cran Montana town centre is just 5 min walk away with restaurants, cafe, shops & even luxury brand shops. Good location, highly recommended.

Date of stay: May 2017
1  Thank MaryN1689
Reviewed 17 January 2017

This year is my 5th year staying at Hotel de l'Etrier, combining a high level medical meeting, great food, and spectacular skiing and views. The hotel staff are very friendly and eager to help with anything you need. The room I usually get is spacious and clean, and the bathroom is high end. Meals served at the hotel are wonderful and there are also great restaurants nearby. Love this place !!!

Date of stay: January 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank StuM238
Reviewed 8 March 2016

This hotel is a very traditional Swiss hotel, and we had a nice time there, but I am extremely disappointed by the poor hygiene standards of their pool and spa.

It is old and dirty... You can see spider webs, dust, grease spots, dark spots all around the seans in the sauna and the hammam. I hope they do something about this because it is disgusting.

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

No hotel transfers from the funicular.... For such a large hotel in a competitive market it is something I have come to expect.
As we are here for a celebration we booked a small room as we will be skiing and going out and using the room for the minimum. However expected it to be a cosy jwell designed room... The first room ... Sorry to say stank, was dirty and frankly pushed shaggy chic to the limit. The second room is much better but not a touch of taste or cosiness. The beds are 2 singles despite having confirmed that it would be a double.
Luckily we are going out, but we were only told on arrival that the restaurants of the hotel both of them are closed for private functions both nights of our stay.
Not impressed.