Lowest prices for your stay
US$433
Priceline
US$433
Agoda.com
US$401
Expedia.comUS$433
Hotels.comUS$433
travelup.comUS$491
All reviews ski shop nice spa area wonderful terrace the hotel staff concierge marshall view alpine mountains lounge organisation switzerland clients shuttle
Selected filters
Reviewed 31 January 2022

At short noticed (to get away from home working) I decided to return (following our wonderful stay last year) to the Ambassador with my 2 1/2 year old son. Once again we were blown away by the hotel and the staff. From the exceptional warm welcome at check in by Mrs Marshall, the reception staff and concierge, it felt like coming home.

Traveling on your own with a small child is never easy yet the hotel had carefully organised everything in our suite perfectly, my son had a superb cot bed with teddies in it and all of his ski lessons had been booked in advance by the hotel staff. As for the rest, well it was consistent with our 1st class experience last year, the food, the facilities and wonderful team were just as we remembered them. My only complaint was that I could only stay for the weekend as we wished it has been a week. We hope to be back soon. Our thanks to the wonderful team again, the lady on the front desk who did our check out, the concierges, the boys in the ski shop and the charming Spanish lady working the breakfast shift.

Room tip: We booked a suite this time and it was perfect for children.
Date of stay: February 2021
Katja Marshall, Directeur général at Crans Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2022

Dear Mr Riches
It was a pleasure welcoming you and your family again to the Crans Ambassador. I am very happy to read that you and Simon had a wonderful weekend in Crans-Montana and that his first ski experiences were memorable ones. Thank you very much for all your positive feedback which I will proudly share with the whole team.
We are very much looking forward to welcome you and your family back very soon.
Best regards from Crans-Montana

Reviewed 4 September 2021

So today we, my 84 year-old mother, brother and wife, went to Ambassador hotel to try out the bar around 4:50PM. Ambassador is a member of SLH and as a Hyatt Globalist I am always interested in sampling new SLH hotels for future stays. The terrase and restaurant areas are clearly visible from the lobby and were essentially empty, except for 2 tables.

Much to my surprise the lady at the front desk looked at us and, I suppose because we were not staying there, said "sorry we are full". You know much like when you show up at a famous night club and they don't recognize you and say "sorry this is a pricate party". I am not sure what the issue was in our case, I explained that we just want to have a drink and she repeated "sorry sir, we are full". It was just weird because she could have pointed out to a certain dress code (the guests at the 2 tables were not particularly well dressed), or guests only policy or anything else but "we are full" just seemed like an ironic and unpleasant way of turning us down.

We ended up at a much nicer place and did not regret, but I have removed the Amabassador from my list. Having stayed at serious 5 star properties around the world and coming here straingt from Intercon in Paris we felt particularly unwelcome here.

Date of stay: September 2021
Katja Marshall, Directeur général at Crans Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2021

Dear Madame, Dear Sir
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry to read that you had such un unpleasant welcome in our hotel. This is definitely not the type of attitude and service we like to offer to our guests and I deeply regret this unfortunate incident. I hope you do accept my appologies and give us another chance in the near future if you are back in Crans-Montana so that we can show you our true quality of service.

With my best regards

Reviewed 6 August 2021 via mobile

Any hotel that markets closet space on top of parking lot as a 5 star luxury should not be in business. But since you’re in Switzerland, welcome to Swiss Rip-Off!
While there are many very nice mountain chalet hotels in Crans Montana, the Ambassador lures with promised modern amenities and luxury spa/fitness - all of them third rate level, and once you put the suitcase in to the room, there’s no space for you (except for tiny bed). Find better accommodation and don’t overpay at this Motel.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Katja Marshall, Directeur général at Crans Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2021

Dear Madame, Dear Sir
Thank you very much for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry to read that you did not enjoy our hotel. As mentioned on our website, we have several different room categories with different sizes, views and prices. The room you have chosen is our most standard room facing North and clearly indicated as a small room.
I regret that you left our hotel on a negative note as the whole team of the Crans Ambassador is constantly aiming to provide high quality service to all our guests.

With my best regards

Reviewed 14 July 2021 via mobile

We visited the hotel for a short Christmas break. It is modern but still managed to give a lots if warm feelings. We loved the spatious 2 rooms suit with the extra large bathroom. The restaurant has a good atmosphere with a great view through the day and night. We loved the spa and the pool, the corona regulations gave us the possibility for single use of it. It was worth getting up at 7 to have it all for ourselves, otherwise we would have never done it.

Room tip: Wake up in the early morning for a swim with a view.
Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
Katja Marshall, Directeur général at Crans Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Dear Madame, Dear Sir

We thank you very much for your feedback concerning your stay with us in December.

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your Christmas break at the Crans Ambassador and that you were able to profit from our restaurants and Spa.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again at the Crans Ambassador in the future and send you my very best regards.

Reviewed 30 May 2021 via mobile

Absolutely great stay. Was our first trip with two babies. The hotel is situated right by the ski life. Which is just perfect. We greatly enjoyed our stay. From the arrival. Service was great. Staff was kind, helpful, and understanding. The rooms have a great design. Very well thought through! Food was quite nice! Could add a bit more choice for breakfast. But in general everything was just great!! We will definetly come back!

Room tip: There is no kids room. Or kids pool.
Date of stay: February 2021
1  Thank 269marinag
Katja Marshall, Directeur général at Crans Ambassador, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2021

Dear Marina
It was a pleasure welcoming you and your family to the Crans Ambassador. My team and I are very pleased that you enjoyed your first trip with your babies and that you chose our hotel for this special occasion.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.
Best regards from Crans-Montana