All reviews beautiful river view small window stayed here rooms are small enjoy the view no air conditioning your luggage small town the main hotel breakfast buffet lovely hotel bread motorcycling promenade maze karl balcony
Reviewed 9 September 2017

The rooms with a balcony looking over the River Mosel are in a separate house about 200 metres from the hotel but they are well worthwhile. Breakfast is good and copious. Owner very helpful. WiFi in the separate building is very slow and car parking in Cochem is a nightmare.

Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

Hotel Noss is an old hotel in the centre of Cochem. It is a convenient location: near restaurants, bars and the promenade. But the hotel is extremely noisy (wooden floors and stairs that really resonate) and when we stayed there we quite some groups of young drunken folks making lots of noise in the middle of the night. Rooms are extremely small. Not the place to be for a romantic weekend out with the wife I am afraid..

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Nico K
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Top location near the river and the centrum of the city a beautiful view to the river, we had a room to the front including a balcony so we could enjoy the view after a good dinner in the restaurant "wintergarten". top service and a awesome breakfast with a big amount of cereales and typical food.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

We stayed in room 201

Positives
Good wifi
Good breakfast
Good bathroom but tiny shower - probably renovated recently.
Has secure bike storage about 150m from the hotel
Positioned on the river front

Negatives
Tiny dark bedroom. You have to plan carefully where to put your luggage as you will need to step over it to get to the bathroom/ door.
PrettyTown but over run with tourists during the day.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2017

I have just returned from a walking holiday of one week in the Moselle area in Germany.We were a group of 17 people and we stayed the 7 nights in this lovely small to mid size hotel.The small town of Cochem is beautiful,with the dominating castle high above the city.This lovely hotel is located right in the centre of the town and bang on the river bank.You really can't ask for more location wise.The rooms are small to medium in size but very clean and there is really nothing missing,except maybe some small fans to cool a bit the rooms in warm days , as there's no air conditioning in the hotel.Anyway,when we were there for the 7 nights in July,the weather was fine and there was no need to cool the room. Our stay in the hotel was based on half board basis.The breakfast is quite extensive ,the selection of bread and rolls is very impressive and there is a good selection of fruits,vegetables,cheese,cold cut delay meat and cereals.But my big surprise was dinners.We had 6 dinners there,and all three courses,every evening ,were excellent.A really high standard of ingredients and cooking. I must point out the efforts made by the whole staff and especially the lovely lady that runs the place.Her English is really good,she is very enthusiastic and greets personally every guest that comes down to breakfast and dinners.When she heard that on my last day ,I'll have to leave very early,before breakfast starts,she insisted that I'll take with me a "breakfast box" ,and indeed,a very satisfying mix of items was waiting for me,including 2 bottles of mineral water.Now,that's what I call service! It has to be mentioned that all the people in our group were of the opinion that the stay at Karl Noss hotel was very enjoyable and satisfying.

Room tip: There is one room with balcony facing the Moselle river
Date of stay: July 2017