All reviews across the river top floor no elevator third floor the owner mosel river main town main part higher room delightful family early morning train minute walk from the train station family owned quiet side place to stay room rate sparkling wine
Reviewed 28 August 2018

We loved Hotel Zehnthof! Very nice rooms and a delightful family. Breakfast was superb. This was our favorite hotel on this trip to France, Germany, and Switzerland. We had a room with a balcony looking across the river to the castle - beautiful! I can't say enough about the very friendly, professional service. An awesome place to stay!

Room tip: Ask for a room with a balcony overlooking the river if available.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank harp5990
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Very nice hotel. We stayed in the family room on the 3rd floor. With Castle view. Amazing!
The kids play room was much appreciated by our 4 y.o. daughter!
For sure the best breakfast with different cheeses, fish, veggies and fresh fruits.
Perfect.
For sure a place to recommend.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank emilepeels
Reviewed 22 July 2018 via mobile

Arrived a bit late 6 Pm and got a comment on that. Reception was cool to say the least. Room was clean and tidy but warm, unable to open the window as some people smoking on balcony next to us. The whole night and making noise. Bathroom was clean as well. Breakfast was fine. Loads of choices from eggs and sausages to croissants. Lady there was nice. Got told we had to leave before 10 on a Sunday and in a tone that was everything but friendly. I wouldn't go back.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank pussycat337
Reviewed 17 July 2018

I stayed here for one night on my drive through the Mosel Valley. I received a warm welcome at reception and an offer to help with luggage or anything else I needed. The room (#3) was spacious, clean, and comfortable. They offer free wi-fi but it wasn't working, at least for me. The breakfast (included) is definitely the star of the show! It was a delightful spread of all kinds of fruit, breads, spreads, veggies, cheese, yogurt, eggs, etc. The hotel is located just a block off the waterfront and close to several dining options. Would stay here again if I were ever in Cochem.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank wine_and_travel_geek
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Located on the quiet side of the river, which is nice! Yvonne, the owner is delightful and very helpful. The hotel is on a relatively quiet street, but backed up onto a noisy one so you'll hear that at night and in the morning. That said, we were on the top floor and had a spectacular view across the river and of the city and castle. The room is, however, dated, the bed soft and and not very comfortable. Breakfast was great, as was the coffee. Wifi was intermittent. Overall, I give it an average score and would have raised higher if it were just about the owners in the family's sense of this place.

Trip type: Travelled with family