All reviews across the river sister hotel the hotel staff room was large one night stay mosel valley breakfast was excellent castle bridge toiletries town germany banks region stairs wine
Reviewed 3 September 2018

A one night stay in Cochem was made even better by a fantastic room at this hotel (although we stayed in the sister Hotel Tritone). We were fortunate to have a room on the river with a balcony and fantastic view. We shall stay longer next time.

Date of stay: August 2018
Reviewed 26 August 2018

Problems started at check in. We were a group of more families and we were not allowed to check in untill every one was at the hotel. Since one family was coming in from Switserland it took al long discussion to get the room keys. Receptionist was very unfriendly.
Room was nothing like advertised: no view, no balcony, no wifi, no bath and no airco. Room had a lot of dust that caused breathing problems. The bed was broken on one side, so you kept rolling out of bed. Keycard didn't work several times during a two day stay. Had to go to the reception to have them reprogrammed every time. No excuse for inconvenience, just the blame that I probably did something to the keycards that caused this problem.
Walls of the rooms were very thin so you could hear everything. Some guest came back very drunk in the middle of the night and sang and screamed for more than an hour and woke all other guest. No nightwatch on site. Everything closes at 22:00 hour and there is nobody to help.
Dinner is simple and not very tasty. Kitchen closes at 21:00 hour so you have to eat fast.
Swimmingpool is in a completely different building down the street. Fitnessroom is closed and not a real fitness room. Welness is closed.
The only positive thing about this hotel is breakfast. It is good with a lot of choice and good freshly baked bread.
I will not go to this hotel ever again.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2018

By far, this hotel is one of the worst experiences I've ever experienced during travels. It is billed as a 4 star hotel but I surely do NOT know HOW that ever happened. The staff were rude-the manager had an absolute melt-down over a teabag-of which my husband offered to pay for. I am not kidding-we were paying absolute top dollar for a room that supposedly had a functioning A/C, and they went ballistic over a TEABAG. BTW...do NOT pay extra for the A/C rooms. They have the switches rigged to room sensors in the rooms so that the a/c turns off when you leave. It is also rigged to turn off if you try to open the balcony door to let the hot air of the room so that the ROOM NEVER COOLS OFF!!!! The a/c units are NOT the size needed for the amount of heat that gets generated in the rooms that face the evening sun. This place obviously caters to unsuspecting tour groups that don't know any better. DO NOT STAY AT THIS FACILITY!!!!

Room tip: Do NOT stay at this hotel
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2018 via mobile

Like the previous post I had high expectations as this was also a splurge but could not have been more disappointed. Started by arriving a little early and brusquely being told there were no exceptions to checking in before 3. Fine, it’s policy but I had booked this hotel months ago specifically requesting a castle view. When I finally did check in right after three what I got for my 240 dollars was a cramped, stuffy room with no circulation and a shower with sporadic hot water. When I asked if they had a fan again tersely told they were all given out. Than to add insult no wi-fi working whatsoever for the entire stay. They shut the doors at 10 and navigating the night entrance was a pain- was one of five trying to figure the entrance out. Breakfast was ok and actually appreciated the pre-assigned seat. However the rudest staff I have maybe ever met and how they justify this as a four star hotel is beyond my comprehension!!!!!! Maybe it is the 2.5 Euro bottles of water which is the only amenity in the room. So sad when places like these never have to worry about service being situated in one of the most beautiful little towns ever- just thankful it was only one night!!!!

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2018

This hotel caters to tour buses with very little personal service. This was our splurge hotel costing $247.00/ nightly. We did have great views of the river and the castle. Room was still hot even with the air conditioning. Kleenex, shower gel etc. was not replaced even when left out on the counters empty. Went down for a tea bag and was confronted by management that it was not free! Nothing in the breakfast bar was labeled and many things were not replaced when they ran out. You must sit where you are assigned! Very ridgid and un accommodating. We unfortunately stayed here for 3 nights, so sad.

Room tip: Stay away if you’re not traveling in a tour bus.
Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple