All reviews few kilometers stayed only one night pretty view short walk to the lake country hotel would love to come back neuschwanstein castle bavarian meal the ground floor booked this hotel walking distance farm mountains germany balcony cows village
Reviewed 5 June 2018

We loved the hotel and the area. It's in the country, next to a farm with cows and horses. It's a short walk to the lake and just a few minutes from Neuschwanstein castle. The hotel is comfortable and quiet, with plenty of parking. The staff couldn't have been more pleasant and accommodating. Breakfast was plentiful, with a view of the cows. I highly recommend this hotel!

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 17 February 2018 via mobile

Where do I start?. We booked this hotel at 3pm from a service station on a very snowy German motorway, we arrived an hour later than expected to find a real hidden gem!. I’ve been reading through some of the reviews and I am genuinely staggered to see negative comments. The hotel and the surrounding area are truly out of a fairytale. We arrived in the middle of the snow, opened the huge wooden front door to the warmest greeting ever, my German is unfortunately not good but no problem. The room was probably made for Pinocchio, incredibly beautiful. The people I met who I assume are the family that own the hotel were very welcoming.

We ate a traditional Bavarian meal in the hotel restaurant and it was delicious.

Yes the WiFi is absolutely useless but this is one of those places where the phones and laptops and tablets should be locked away and just enjoy the hotel and surroundings. We shall stay here again whenever possible, you have made lifelong guests and I shall recommend whenever possible

Danke Schön

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fanny C
Reviewed 5 October 2017

Unfortunately we only stayed for one night, if I return back to the area I will stay again. Our room on the ground floor was clean and comfortable and so so quiet! We ate outside in the garden area and the portions were filling and scrumptious.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

As situated near Schwangau they abuse with their price. We had a small double room with shower / no dinner possibility and breakfast was too crowdy and to less choice; never again.
Hotel is in a nice typical south german rural syle and well situated eventhough...

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank 384aartjan
Reviewed 16 August 2017

My SO and I stayed here after traveling to Munich. We only stayed one night and would love to come back to the village in the near future!

The views are from a fairytale. You are walking distance from a small body of water with mountain views, animals and everything you could imagine.

The hotel was a hassle to get to from the Fussen Hbf. There is a bus that takes you walking distance but only runs about 1x an hour. Also if you plan to visit the castles via bus the last bus is extremely early. We would recommend taking a taxi to/from the hotel. If you have a car or bike it would be very easy to access the town and castle but not ideal with public transport.

The hotel room was spacious and comfortable. The internet was not available which made things difficult during our stay.

Date of stay: July 2017