See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 15 April 2018

On holiday in Waiuku visiting family. Six of us went for a meal here. Very nice food and great stafff.
Great selection of wines and beers. General manager served us and made recommendations for food and drinks.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Murray P, General Manager at The Kentish Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2018

Thank you foir visiting the hotel and taking the time to write this review, I value all customer comments and will pass this onto the staff.
I am glad that you enjoyed your meal with us

Reviewed 3 April 2018

We recently held the reception for our daughters wedding at the Portside . The team at the Kentish, lead by Murray were really helpful , gave great advice and helped to make the occasion a memorable night for all concerned. The food was great and they catered for the needs of those with food allergies . Even the vegans were impressed . The room for the the reception was very well laid out with plenty of space for dancing.
We would advise staying the night as the rooms are comfortable and it is an interesting old historical building.
We would certainly recommend the venue if you are looking for somewhere for a reception in the future.

Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, We are pleased that you all enjoyed yourself and that we meet your expectations an more.
It was a great wedding and I will pass this onto my staff as well once again thank you

Reviewed 20 February 2018

Good pub grub for a family outing - not too pricey, good chips, lots of seafood in the seafood pasta, relaxed atmosphere with heaps of character...in fact with it's colonial architecture it could be considered the only character in Waiuku...

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Murray P, General Manager at The Kentish Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I'm glad that you enjoyed your lunch with us and I will pass this onto the kitchen and front of house staff
hope to see you again soon

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Managed to get a room in this historic hotel at short notice and arrived too late for dinner however restaurant was very busy. Shared ablutions which we knew. Everything was old but very clean. It reminded me of the hotel my daughter lived in in Hammersmith UK while on her OE , typical English pub with upstairs accommodation.
Modernisation of fixtures and fittings, drapes etc would make this place very cool. Even though it’s historic furnishings don’t have to be old fashioned.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I appreciate your time in writing this review an I glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass on your comments to the owners of the hotel

Reviewed 27 January 2018 via mobile

spoiler alert : the waitress was the Manager

NB: it’s a very cool place! Good menu and vibe we may have just encountered the Bad apple of the bunch ...

It was so bad ... I actually would have preferred the customer service completely non existent compared to the barely we got ... and the Barely we got was rude and disappointing to say the least..
My Chicken Focaccia as advertised on the Menu was on two small inadequate slices of French Stick .. when I asked as it was put down if “this is how it normally was?” the waitress said “yes” I had to call her back and ask her to chat with the chef and ask if this was the right bread .. she comes back .. “no the chef said it was because of the Long weekend he ran out of the Focaccia”... (this was Sunday lunch) it was quiet .. but when I was met with “Bread is Bread ! “ And “its fine !?!” and a attitude that I have no right to be put out I felt .. ..well... Put Out ..

so turns out the Waitress who fired me even more (hands on hips ) attitude at the counter .. was infact when I asked to speak to the Manager ... The Manager?! .. ... I asked her by being the manager if she infact had never seen the chicken Focaccia ?!? She said she had ... So!?!?...

Why tell me it was how it came !!! Just say no sorry or something.. I can accept that ... I would have preferred at the time of ordering being notified you were out !

Such a shame !! A really cool place ! And would have happily accepted the change had she not lied and basically told me to get over it !

The Calamari - way too salty
The Kids fish n chips .. frozen ... (can live with that)

Long weekend .. if they are traditionally busier ... love to see the stats as it was dead .. order more bread!

Our dirty plates were still on the Table as we left ..

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Murray P, General Manager at The Kentish Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I value all reviews as positive feedback.
I will look into this and take action where required