“Clever marriage of old and new design”
Review of Hotel Scholl

Hotel Scholl
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Schwabisch Hall
Reviewed 9 August 2016

This family-owned hotel has expanded over the generations into neighbouring old properties within the historic centre of Schwaebisch Hall. My room in the Schweicker house was large, modern, very well appointed with comfortable wide beds and a huge wet room, all decorated in good taste, crisp and clean. Whilst there was no internal transfer of sound from other rooms, the noise of traffic to the front of the hotel was an issue as there is no air conditioning and at times a ventilator was insufficient to cool the room. Had it not been for this, this hotel would definitely have had top rating. The service was excellent, as was the breakfast, and the staff could not have been more helpful and friendly. The location is also perfect for discovering this beautiful old town on foot. I look forward to my next visit when I shall request a room at the back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family
Scholl1878, Owner at Hotel Scholl, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2016

Wow, what a nice review. I am sorry about the temperature. Of course, next time we can give you a bedroom facing the courtyard. Those don't have views to speak of, but they are very quiet. Likewise, we have aircon planned, though it is quite complicated in a 550 year-old listed building. One way or another, we will find a way to make your next visit even better.

Reviewed 8 August 2016

This is our third visit and we'll be back. Christian Scholl could not have been more welcoming and accommodating helping us find and book somewhere to eat arriving that the awkward tim of late Sunday evening.

We love the imaginative, sensitive and exciting way in which he has tastefully modernised very old buildings. The room was comfortable, spacious and quiet. Breakfast too was good and included in the price. The location is perfect for exploring the town.

To take it to another level air conditioning will be required. My mother and sister had rooms on the front and they found the noise from Creilsheim Strasse disturbing. Ask for a room on the back.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back.
  • Stayed: August 2016, travelled with family

Thank you for the kind review. We are always happy to have you as our guests and are most pleased that you choose to keep coming back. I wish I had put in the AC at the time of the remodel. Now it is a bit more complex, though we intend to tackle it. Hopefully by the time of your next visit we have made even further improvements.

Reviewed 7 August 2016 via mobile

This was a two night stay in picturesque Schwabisch Hall about 200 km from Frankfurt in order to attend a wedding at nearby Schloss Langenberg. Service is friendly. The hotel is in a sliver of a building in the town centre with a fair amount of history. I would describe it as essentially a no frills establishment. Be warned the rooms are tiny. I accept I have been spoilt by Asian hotel standards.
Note - no drinks in the room although there is a big red refrigerator in the cafeteria area where drinks are available - a sort of generalised not so mini bar.
Breakfast is included in the room price and served in the same cafeteria - a range of breads / cereals / cold cuts / juices / teas and coffees and boiled eggs. Otherwise there is no cooked food available.
There is no ironing in the rooms due to fire regulations.
Price is cheap by Europe standards and acceptable given the services offered.
Pretty much all furnishings are wooden including the bed. Creaked like crazy as a result when you moved around.
The experience could almost be described as boutique - although nothing really stand out to earn that label.
Basic toiletries also provided.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for the kind review. The room that you stayed in is the smallest of 17 different room types. We do offer larger rooms (up the 32 square meters) with amenities that one would find in an Asian boutique hotel. Of course, the price is a bit different. Should you come back, and I hope you will, please note that we do offer hot breakfast choices from a small a la carte menu. We buy eggs fresh from the farm and it just seems sinful to make some terrible scrambled hotel eggs and put them out on the buffet. Therefore, we cook them to order when requested.

Reviewed 14 July 2016

This hotel is situated at the heart of Schwabisch Hall, beautiful old building in a beautiful town. The owners love modern style as it's modernized and fashionable decorated in the lobby, restaurant and room. The room (201) is clean and beds are good. The breakfast buffet has fresh fruit which is always a plus. However, the price for 149 euro a night is over rated, definitely. And the big shortcoming is that their design curtains in the room just are not sun blocking. Result 6 am wake up with fresh sunshine in your room,... my hours in the morning are important. Also it's very noisy, the neighbours alarm was perfectly received by my ears. Again for 149 euro you may expect more. Even when checking out there was no time for my advise, i could pay and go because they were busy. I would recommend the Golden Adler Hotel on the otherside of the square. I stayed there before, unfortunatley this time it was fully booked, so I tried this hotel... won't do it again.

Room Tip: Don't take room 201
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business

I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not live up to your expectations. It seems hard to image what could have gone so wrong, though I do accept the criticism and promise that we will try and improve. Our colleagues at the Adler are great people. If you're happy there that's perfectly understandable. Should you need us again I would be most grateful if you contacted me personally so that I can do my best to give you a better experience.

Reviewed 16 June 2016

Hotel Scholl is a group of four properties, the oldest being 600 years old. Our room was on the second floor with a view to the road leading into Schwabisch hall which was somewhat busy but quieted down for the night. Newly renovated room with modern bed and bathroom. There is not a restaurant in the hotel but there are several within walking distance. Fabulous breakfast buffet, free Wifi.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the terrific review. Actually the oldest building is about 550 years, but what's 50 years in such a long life? I am so happy that you appreciated the breakfast buffet. Our breakfast is a passion project. Most hotels only offer prefab and convenience foods. The breads especially are usually deep frozen and full of chemicals and stabilizers. We made a choice to commit ourselves only to 100% real food no matter what the cost and logistic difficulty. Everything we serve comes either from a local farmer or from artisinal suppliers around Europe. For example, we buy charcuterie from a hundred year old producer in Friuli, Italy, good cheeses from France, and so on. We do hope you will come back again soon. We are always improving and will look forward to giving you an even nicer experience.