Hotel Villa Seeschau am Bodensee
Hotel Buchberg(Meersburg (Bodensee))(Great Value!)
US$141
See Hotel Off(Meersburg (Bodensee))
US$337
Travelocity
Hotel Seehof(Meersburg (Bodensee))
US$145
US$141
  • Restaurant
Hotel zum Schiff(Meersburg (Bodensee))
US$131
US$123
Seepromenade(Meersburg (Bodensee))
US$114
Sporthotel Schoenblick(Meersburg (Bodensee))
US$196
Hotel Restaurant 3 Stuben(Meersburg (Bodensee))
US$187
US$182
Terrassenhotel Weisshaar(Meersburg (Bodensee))
Hotel Bacchus(Meersburg (Bodensee))
Romantik Hotel Residenz am See(Meersburg (Bodensee))
TripAdvisor
  • Room Service
All reviewshillbalconygermanyaltstadttownlakeluxury
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 November 2015

Well situated with a beautiful view on the vineyards and the lake. Room are very well decorated. Breakfast is very nice, but no restaurant in this guest house.
Very very quiet you will for sure relax in this place.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 November 2015 via mobile

We stayed here one night in October. The room was very comfortable with a nice view overlooking vineyard and lake. The hotel had a wine bar accessible after hours. The dining room for breakfast was exquisite. Prettiest setting we had during our trip!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 August 2015

It may sound mean but I was disappointed with this hotel and it's difficult to put my finger on it. We had previously spent a week in the mountains two hours away and loved our week, I extended our holiday by a day as friends had been in town and we wanted to check out the area with a view to return at a later date. This was supposed to be a romantic end to our trip.
After a fight with the traffic to get into Meersburg we arrived at the hotel, which commands a hilltop view over the medieval town and Bodensee. We were stood at the reception desk and two separate people walked past us to the room behind the counter and ignored us, eventually the lady that showed us round etc came through, perhaps it was because we were 5 min early for first booking in time, but we had tried to find somewhere to park up and explore a little and found this next to impossible as there were large queues for any parking in town, so decided to go to hotel and walk in.
The hotel appears super slick upon entry, the boutique hotel we wanted for that final day of spoiling ourselves! We were shown to our room, which was whiter than a hospital room and had less colour! The room was immaculately clean, until we found the empty cigarette packet on our balcony floor. The room and hotel has had a large amount of money put into it, but unfortunately was spoilt by cheap finishing ( skirting, that fell off, bath plug broken, fixed with glue, and broken again, woodchip wallpaper etc) the bathroom reminded me of a prison cell (I have no personal experience of one) and the room in general was devoid of colour and personality. The window and patio doors are equipped with extremely efficient external blinds, but my wife doesn't like being closed in (fire safety reasons) and was uncomfortable with the door blinds closed, the only alternative was a chiffon style see through curtain and with some of the external lights out of our control and the traffic lights down the hill on view, as well as that very small light, the sun, she found it hard to sleep. The views from our room were good, overlooking the medieval town and lake.
There is no mini bar in the room and no bar in the hotel. There is a large minibar in the central area of the hotel, that is run as an honesty bar, but unless you want a full bottle of wine , beer or soft drink, you are quite limited. For €255 per night I would expect a well stocked bar of good quality, not all people are wine ponces, I'm a whisky ponce, and enjoy sampling a nice malt whilst my wife enjoys her wine whilst we sit and enjoy the views, and I'm sure other people have other relative preferences.
Breakfast was truly boutique, with more choices than some delicatessens, although some of the items are perhaps a bit more for curiosity. It was very well presented but apart from a few pleasant additions, not really anything special, although the bread was extremely tasty.
As I said before, when I have stayed in better for a lot lot less, I have high expectations of a hotel that charges €255 per night, and was disappointed. I'm sure that for those of you that enjoy the ultra clinical hospital look then you may enjoy this hotel, I on the other hand would rather have stayed in the hotel that needs updating but has those extra homely comforts, such as pictures fixtures that and a bar with a person in it and I'd pay more for it.
Sorry but not for me although the bed was comfortable!

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here for 3 days. We loved every second! My boyfriend has visited Bodensee many times, and he said it is the best hotel he has been to.

Customer Service - incredible! Such helpful ladies working who go out of their way to make you comfortable! Helped us plan bike trip and recommended shopping/dining.

Rooms - gorgeous! Plush, comfortable, clean, and so many amenities! We loved it!

Dining - breakfast for kings! Such a diverse breakfast buffet available, or a menu to order from. Gorgeous views from beautiful dining room.

Parking - on site, under building. Clean, spacious and convenient.

Location - not on the lake, but great view. About a 10 minute downhill walk to lake/ shopping and dining. About a 15-20 minute walk back up to the hill. Very scenic walk.

Bonus - hotel dog, Pawl, is too cute for words. We enjoyed petting him while we were away from our own pets.

NOTE- hotel only accepts cash!

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 31 July 2015

This place really is a lover's paradise, exquisite hotel and the whole package. We already want to return and stay here on our next visit to the Bodensee area. Just make sure you read the fine print: CASH ONLY. We sort of got caught without enough euros, but luckily there is a Sparkasse and Volksbank around the corner in case you need an ATM.

The view, as you can see from our room picture, is gorgeous. And you can walk to all the Meersburg attractions (castle, palace, museum, etc. etc.). The staff is great. The breakfast is without equal. We've never seen so many choices for breakfast: meats, marmalades, yogurts, cheeses, breads, drinks, etc. etc. Amazing, really! The breakfast is without equal in Germany.

Room Tip: Make sure you note... this is CASH ONLY (euros). Get a view of the Bodensee!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled with family