All reviews glass of sparkling wine wonderful hotel one night swiss alps mainau island lake constance lido michelin bath thunderstorm vineyards balcony castle town parking
Reviewed 13 July 2017

We are very fortunate to have been spoilt with amazing hotels over the past few years and therefore it is sometimes difficult to compare hotels in areas like Meersburg. Overall the hotel was great. The welcome upon arrival with a glass of sparkling wine was a great start and a great touch. The staff is friendly, the food is excellent and the hotel is well situated just a few mins walk from main areas of town. If you have the time, stop by the Terme right across the road. It has a nice infinity pool with a lovely deck over the Bodensee.
The one thing I'd have to say negatively about the hotel, is that the rooms seem slightly outdated. They are very clean and offer splendid views of the lake, but they just don't feel totally 2017... Again this is coming from a spoilt traveller :-) Overall we had a very nice experience though.

Room tip: Ask for the family room :-) It's huge and has a duplex second floor :-)
Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

My husband and I, sadly, only spent one night here in the Superior Double room with balcony; that one night was a highlight of our 7 week trip. When checking in we were warmly greeted with a glass of sparkling wine and a share platter before being personally shown to our room. The room was very spacious and very clean (there is a circular staircase in the entry that leads to a second spacious bedroom and bathroom). A fresh fruit basket was happily received and as requested our room overlooked the lake where we were able to watch a late night thunderstorm coming from the south over Lake Constance. The king size bed was very comfortable and the bathroom has a large window that you could open up to see the vineyards nearby. The toiletries were of a high standard and the water pressure excellent.
We had dinner in the restaurant and were extremely pleased with the service, the meals and the wine (as advised by our waiter). My husband especially enjoyed the steak tartare which was prepared with skill at our table.
Breakfast was included and it rates up there with the best buffet breakfast I have ever had (indeed the best in our trip), so much variety and very fresh.
The staff every where were attentive and efficient, with a warm smile to greet you
I congratulate the management on the high standard evident here and for employing people who make your guests feel so welcomed.
Very much appreciated was being able to leave our hire car on site and our perishables in the hotel after checkout whilst we went to Mainau Island.

A must do is the 20 minute ferry trip to Mainau Island to see the Residence, botanical gardens, zoo, butterfly house. I was fortunate to visit when the vast amount of peonies (my favourite) were in bloom and this was a sight to behold as were the ginormous trees. We did not get a chance to visit the Castle Meersburg but did enjoy an Aperol Spritz in the courtyard in the afternoon after walking around the cobblestone streets.
We will one day come back to this lovely place and will most definitely stay at Romantik Hotel Residenz am See.

Date of stay: June 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2017

We recently had an excellent 2 night stay here, with dinner at the Michelin starred 'Casala' on the first night and their 'standard' restaurant on the other. It's hard to fault the hotel or restaurants- the service was impeccable, the food at both breakfast and dinner inventive and the room very comfortable.
Our room overlooked the garden - we chose this rather than a seaview room as it had both a bath and freestanding shower. It did have the advantage of being quiet, as the seaview rooms face a road ( although not a very busy one).
All the staff were very helpful, but we were particularly impressed by the sommelier/ head waiter in Casala, and the head waiter in the other restaurant.
Only one criticism - it was very hot while we were there, but there is no a/c, and they has no fans left.
We would definitely return.

Reviewed 10 May 2017

The room was beautifully clean, grate view of lake, and a great court yard in the back.The evening meal was exceptional, great service, and the view was second to none over the lake.Our breakfast was way more than expectation and staff went out of there way to make what ever you fancied. All in all would go back to morrow

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ResidenzSusanne, Front Office at Romantik Hotel Residenz am See, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2017

Dear Mike S.,

thank you for your nice feedback. We are glad, you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon.

Best regards,

Residenz-Team

Reviewed 9 March 2017

I arrived at 7:30pm, half an hour before reception closed, on a Sunday evening.
But the lady at reception was not making me feel rushed. She showed me to my room on the second floor (right next to the staircase, but as I don't think the hotel was busy, there was no noise distraction) and explained everything I needed to know (including the welcome prosecco would be waiting for me in the restaurant).
Room itself was spacious with a well sized bathroom and a courtesy mini bar (water, lemonade and one beer).
There were only a few minor points of criticism from me:
Thin towels (I would have preferred a thicker bath towel) and
The water pressure in the shower.
Also, the fact that they charge 4 EUR for the parking spaces in front of the hotel (even when hotel isn't busy)...
I decided to eat in the hotel's restaurant and was not disappointed by service and kitchen. The breakfast buffet was incredible (lots of different regional specialities), breads, cakes, juices... And optional cooked dishes, like omelettes etc. Sadly, I didn't have time or enough appetite to try it all. But hopefully I will be back.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Globe99trotter
ResidenzSusanne, Front Office at Romantik Hotel Residenz am See, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2017

Dear Globe99trotter,

thank you for your evaluation. We are glad, that you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back, soon!

Best regards,