“Wonderful stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Meersburg (Bodensee)
Terrassenhotel Weisshaar
Reviewed 7 September 2014

We booked this hotel at the last minute in the middle of the high season. All hotels were booked solid. I am so glad we chose this hotel. The staff was friendly and bent over backward to ensure we were able to park close to the hotel even offering the owners personal garage space. Our room was on the first floor and was still very quiet. The room was clean and spacious and view of the lake was spectacular. The hotel is situated way up on the hill and it is quite a hike up from the water but well worth it. The restaurant is a bit expensive, but the wait staff is very professional and the food is excellent. Well worth the extra euros. I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: any room overlooking the lake is great. ours was off to the side - room 1, but still had lake views...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2014

We were on a tour of Germany when we booked in to this hotel for an overnight stop.
We ended up staying there a couple of days and would have stayed longer but we had to go home.
The hotel is ideally sited just a short walk from the old town and has great views across the lake. The breakfast on the terrace is first class and so is the evening meal.
We will definitely stay here again as the whole area has so much to offer.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hinds5747
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Make sure you opt for a room that looks across the lake/Bodensee (most do) and if you're prepared to spend a few more euros, there is an annex with a series of Bodensee facing suites, which are even better. This is an old school experience from start to finish, you could happily be sat in 1978 as you enjoy breakfast on the terrace or an Aperol Spritz at sunset. Attention to detail is excellent, with quirky choice of artwork throughout tending towards the folky and local Bavarian or Alpine. Make sure you try some of the local wines from Hanau, Konstanz etc.. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Lake facing
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon T
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I did not actually stay in this hotel, but did spend our last night having dinner there with our German friends who suggested it was pretty special. My wife and I had eaten out every night in Meersburg and popped up before hand to see the menu. What stood out immediately was the fact that every meal was at least twice the price of anything we had eaten elsewhere. It was too embarrassing to say anything so we just went along with it. On arrival the staff were friendly and the view is fantastic, however upon ordering a beer, I soon discovered they only served bottled beer which arrived warm (the first one I had had all week) Having pointed this out the waitress, she told me it was as cold as it came, so clearly they had only just stocked up their fridge. She took my bottle away and presumably put it in the freezer for a few minutes, but it still came back warm and she made a big point of bringing me an ice bucket to put it in. The meal was the poorest one I'd had all week, with my pork dish quite tough and chewy, and when they brought the desert menu, I refused to have one on principle as they started at the same price as the main courses I had been having all week. My wife had a chocolate mouse, which just tasted like 'Angel Delight' so I was distinctly unimpressed.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank toptrayder
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We stayed for three nights at the Terrassenhotel Weißhaar earlier this month. It's a lovely hotel, high up on the hillside, with views out towards the lake. We didn't stay in a room with a direct lake view, but did have a nice view out to the vineyard-covered hillside towards town, and could see the lake from the balcony. Having breakfast downstairs in the restaurant was a real treat as they have huge windows looking directly out towards the lake. Unfortunately it was always too cold for us to enjoy using the outside terrace, but on a nice day it would have been breathtaking having breakfast or afternoon coffee and cake with those views. We had dinner once in the restaurant, and it was excellent traditional German cuisine.

A bit about the hotel's location: it IS higher up on the hillside, so you need to be comfortable walking the distance up and down to the harbor if you plan on exloring the center of Meersburg. Parking is apparently a nightmare, so you'll definitely want to see the town center by foot.

Our room was comfortable and clean. We were staying with our baby and ordered a bed for him, so it was a bit of a tight fit with all of our stuff and the baby bed, but we managed to make it work.

The hotel was very quiet, and we never had any problems with noise from surrounding rooms. I think they said they were either at or close to capacity, and we never once heard our neighbors (hope they could say the same about us!)

As a side note, I don't know what the hotel is like during the proper summer season when schools are out, but while we were staying there we could see how the hotel ended up with the name "white hair." We didn't see any guests who appeared to be below the age of 60! We were by far the youngest couple there, which was actually kind of fun as it meant our baby was the hit of the place :)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family