Scheiners am Dom
Cuisines: German
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 21 July 2017

Nice Restaurant, good food, friendly service. Great value - very reasonably priced. This place is in the center of town and close to all the tourist places. Nice and covered biergarten in the back.

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

My meal at this restaurant was extremely satisfying, and I found it to be very delicious as well. I had the pork shank with mashed potatoes and some mashed peas as well and it really was good, as I love German food, this place hit the spot. You can sit out on the street which has a nice view or there's a great back patio which is a little more intimate. The beer here is great as well and they are famous for a beer that taste like smoked bacon. Try it.

Reviewed 13 June 2017

We just happened to find this place near the dom and thought the ribs on the special of the worth a try. It turned out to be just delicious.

Dining and sharing a table on the sidewalk was just what we needed when the temperature reached a 10 years high by the end of May. Nice ambience much like your typical German Beer halls and it worked out great for us to have an enjoyable evening in Bamberg.

Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Went there for a meal last night great tasty food my wife had steak I had mix meat grill great location great food service a bit slow

Reviewed 7 May 2017

Sat down here after touring the Dom and museums around it, so was really hungry. The location was good, out of the crowd walking down from the Dom, under umbrellas to shade from the warm sunny weather. The table cloth and firm cushions matched and were brightly red and white, the Fachwerk houses around you, and the Dom bells above gave a cozy feel to the place.
The prices are higher for the food than at other restaurants in the Alt Stadt. My spouse had the Keller Beer, house beer, which he liked but it was too bitter for me. I had the Apple juice with sparkling water, I rec the large size, my drink was more than I have paid at other places but tasted good. The menu is not very expansive, with littel choice for those who aren't into red meat and almost none for those into vegetarian meals. I ordered the Gemischter Bratwurst mit Bamberg Bratwurst Spezialitaten, which I discovered that I didn't really like the Bratwurst spices that it had tho I like Wurst usually in Germany. The sauerkraut was delicious! and the Bratkartoffeln was also good, plenty of it. My spouse had the Original Bamberger Bierzwiebel aus dem Schmortopf, which was basically ground beef in an onion package, which he thot was ok, but wouldn't have again, with good mashed potatoes and really good sauce on the meat. A bit pricier than other places, and nothing special other than the location which was nice and pleasant. Can't really recommend it for a meal, but for a beer, it would be a nice place to sit.