“hot chocolate is actually hot! Cup size good and price reasonable”

Boulevard-Cafe Luitpold
Ranked #95 of 241 Restaurants in Bamberg
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 22 May 2017

Met a language partner here for a hot chocolate and a Johannisbeer drink. My cocoa was hot, which was nice for a change, and tasted good. The price was very reasonable for the size of the cup. The Johannisbeer drink didn't seem to be that good, as she drank it slowly and at the end of our stay, there was still some there. Service was quick and pleasant. The outdoor patio was popular until it started to rain. Inside the chairs and tables were spread around and it was a well lighted space.

1  Thank Kip F

Reviewed 11 March 2017

We went here attracted by the picture of the fancy old, high-ceilinged room - which we didn't find. While the main space of the Cafe Luitpold main not be as splendid, thanks to the large windows it is a light and a comfortable space with wood tables and a relaxed atmosphere. The waiter was very friendly. We just had coffees and juice but the breakfast/brunch menu has a lot on offer. It also serves cocktails and meals.

1  Thank christina s
Reviewed 28 February 2017

Met friends for breakfast here. We had a table on the veranda on a very pleasant day. The cafe is very pet friendly. It is nice to see people relaxing, reading the paper,sipping coffee, chatting in such a lovely atmosphere.The food was very good. So was the service. i am going back on my next visit to Bamberg.

Reviewed 3 December 2016

Looking at the map and the website, I am pretty sure this is the place I ate on a recent Friday evening in Bamberg. I had just managed to get into my hotel and then was out wandering & trying to decide where to eat. I wanted a decent, sit-down meal. Place looked decent from the outside & from what I could see inside. It was about 17:00 and they were busy but had enough tables open I figured I'd try it (I was traveling solo & sometimes if they are busy restaurants really don't want to deal with one person only).
Anyway, I had a really nice meal of schnitzel with pommes frites and a very fresh salad. With a couple of drinks the cost was barely more than 20 E. Service was quick and the food hot & freshly prepared. I really enjoyed it and felt it a good deal.

Reviewed 13 October 2016

It was a holiday in Germany (Oct 3) and the shopping area was crowded with people visiting a flea market type of event. We stopped in here for coffee and a piece of cake. Its such a great German tradition to have a cup of coffee or tea and cake around 4 pm. They had apple struedel which was FABULOUS!! Its the real thing and couldn't have been better, They also had fruit topped cake but I didn't try it. It looked good. I just can't pass up the apple struedel