“Very good coffee and pastry”
Review of Cafe am Dom

Cafe am Dom
Ranked #2 of 4 Dessert in Bamberg
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 26 August 2017

This cafe is near the Dom, which makes it very convenient for visitors to the cathedral. The pastries are quite wonderful; the coffee is very good. Recommended!

Reviewed 9 June 2017

The Cafe am Dom is a beautifully but simply decorated pastry shop where you can actually see that the pastries are being made in their own kitchen. And, boy, are they delicious. But, the again, I have never had a pastry in Bavaria that isn't. The service here is quick and gracious. Don't miss this one. I did not see very many true pastry cafes in Bamberg. I'm sure they're there but this one was so great we went there twice a day every day we were in Bamberg.

Reviewed 1 May 2017 via mobile

We have no idea why Café Zuckerstück is #1 on TripAdvisor because the cakes are really not very attractive and they don't have much variation. That's why we chose instead to go to Café am Dom this afternoon - and we were not disappointed. They have a great selection of cakes and chocolates, with seating both inside and outside. Service is friendly and efficient. I would have had Schwarzwälder Kirschtorte - which is one of my favourites, but theirs unfortunately looked disappointing with mostly cream and very little else. I'd expect to see more layers of liqueur-soaked sponge and cherries. My raspberry cake was very nice, but the praline one had a very strong taste of rum which I was unaware of and didn't enjoy much. My partner enjoyed his Baumkuchen and Sachertorte. We'd definitely return and recommend visiting!

Reviewed 19 March 2017

As you walk into this bakery/ cafe, you pass a display case with dozens of sweet choices. I had difficulty selecting just one. The strudel was served warm on a china plate and the coffee was in a mug. The server refilled my coffee which is unusual. The next day I went here for lunch and had a delicious sandwich. Go! Enjoy!

Reviewed 12 March 2017 via mobile

The cakes are pretty and delicious!
It is on the way from the Rathaus to the cathedral. Lovely interior, very clean and comfortable.