All reviews fruit hostess homely decoration bathroom breakfast
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

The welcome was warm & friendly, the entrance of typically German decor which is cosy. Our room was well appointed, very clean & fresh, bathroom a little dated but again scrupulously clean! Bed was ridiculously comfy! Breakfast was as expected continental with a good selection, including about 10+ flavoured teas! The hostess was friendly and unexpectedly knew some broken English which was amazing, my German being a little stilted!

Would recommend for a comfy hotel stay, not flash but homely!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 September 2015

Perfectly comfortable. Quiet, peaceful surroundings. Quick & efficient processing. They gave a complimentary "guest card" as well which entitles free use of public transport as well as other discounts. No complaints. The lady of the house was most efficient & helpful. It is a family run property. Walking distance from the bus stop, up a very short slope. Super safe area. I walked out probably around 10 pm although it is not a party place. The sleep quality was excellent. Bus connectivity was good, except for the fact that when I was tehre, the Fasnacht was organized in the town close by so the bus services were affected. But the hotel is lovely. The breakfast is great & the lady was most attentive. Even made me tea when I arrived although I did not expect it. The restaurant of the hotel is also just next door. Very convenient. The decor was very homely & warm & had lots of homely objects. Very cosy little place. I loved it.

The room was very well priced. Great value for money. Very neat. And the wi-fi was also free. There was a balcony as well with 2 chairs & a table.

Badenweiler is a small place so everything was walking distance from the hotel: the spa & Therme, bus stop, Evangelical church, Roman ruins, the old Roman fortress. The buses to Niederweiler also leave from close by.

I was there on the valentine's day weekend. Alone. Apart from that, there are no regrets... Hahaha :-D

Thanks very much for the pleasant experience.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 October 2014

This is such a great hotel. My daughter and I took a retreat here and were greeted very warmly. As others have said, it felt as thought I'd walked into my grandparents' home, in the best way possible. The breakfast was wonderful... perfectly European with a lot of variety. The location was perfect... just a short walk through this gorgeous town. Though we drove in, we did everything in town on foot. We ate at the Chinese Restaurant (yum!). We went to the spa, of course, and our hostess gave us a discount as well as a day pass for transportation. She was above and beyond friendly and kind and generous. We were touched by her hospitality. The room suited our needs perfectly. We'd stay again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I have visited the hotel for about 15 years but the dead roaches in the fruit bowel and the bathtub at the last 2 stays did it for me. Besides changing the calendar nothing has changed throughout the years and the same friendly people are still there otherwise I would have given the hotel a 1-star rating. The people working there used to be the owners and sold the hotel years ago, The new owners have not spent a penny in renovating by the looks of it. I gave it a second chance after finding the first roach but I don't want to get home and find a live one in my luggage. There are other nice, affordable hotels in the area and this place needs a lot of updating.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Finnley
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Agree with the last reviewer, it was stepping into your grandmothers house. Very decorated with paintings, porcelain etc. At the breakfast it was almost hard to see the food amongst all decoration! Breakfast was though very good! Location is perfect, only a short stroll down the hill takes you to the Cassiopeia Spa which is awesome.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple