Had a lovely few days here, the hotel is set in very pretty countryside and is peaceful and quiet. We stayed in a deluxe double that was tastefully finished in classical country house style. The room had everything you would expect, was clean and big enough to fit in a large travel cot.
The staff was welcoming, approachable and were able to help us with any requests. When things were not right - the freeview box was broken (not in its own right a big issue but vital to our grumpy and tired toddler who wanted a little cbeebies before bedtime!) they dealt with it quickly and in a friendly manner.
Good breakfast with lots of choice and showcasing the best of local produce.
For us the highlight was the Stables restaurant, the beers from the microbrewery were excellent and the food was wholesome & tasty. The menu offered a good range of choices - think good quality pub grub rather than fine dining - I would recommend the beef and Beamish Ale pie which was excellent! They also offer a good children’s menu which has lots of options and offers freshly made foods rather than the predictable deep-fried ‘freezer food’ you normally see on the kids menu!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This 17th-century listed hall is set in 24 acres of parkland, just 5 miles from the A1(M)Junction 63. Beamish Hall is situated halfway between the City of Durham (8 miles) and the City of Newcastle upon Tyne (8 miles). Beamish Hall is next door to Beamish Museum - The North of England's Open Air Museum. Close to the Gateshead Metro Centre Shopping Centre and many more alternative attractions for you to visit. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LateRooms, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Agoda, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your BEST WESTERN Beamish Hall Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beamish Hall Country Hotel
- Beamish Hall Country Stanley