“Food is average, but view is impressive”
Review of Villa Honegg

Villa Honegg
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 July 2017

Choice of food and wine are quite limited. However, the view of Buochs is fantastic. The service of staffs is attentive. It's good to have a drink or coffee at sofa side after meal. May be the height of venue is a bit low, so a bit noisy sometimes.

1  Thank JonWilsonAdventurer

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

My husband and I did have high hope for Villa Honegg because it's one of the hotels we have wanted to stay for awhile. The view was insanely beautiful which in my opinion the only reason for its overpriced room (1490 CHF per night for a super small corner suite). We came across Villa Honegg through Facebook as I'm sure a lot of visitors did - it's over advertised on social media and I guess it somehow has attracted too many visitors.

Check in was quick but the room really wasn't ready until 3pm. We had lunch at the terrace before and had to wait at 3pm sharp to get into the room. We stayed at one of the corner suites on 2/F but was a bit let down when we entered the room. It was VERY small that we couldn't actually walk around after we lay down our suitcases. The windows were tiny so don't expect you can get a panorama view when you are chilling inside the room - you literally have to step outside to the (again VERY small) terrace to enjoy the view. The design of the room isn't anything exciting either - something like an old Park Hyatt / Conrad / Sheraton. Would really expect to have a more unique and charming design for a hotel like this. The room was spotless clean though which we appreciated very much. Amenities were also well appointed.

The infinity pool was great - amazingly great to be honest. But people there are mostly for taking (lots and lots of) photos and it somehow became a "tourist attraction" if you know what I mean... I felt like staying at a Disney resort more than a tranquil hotel which I expected it to be relaxing and quiet.

Lastly we were shocked by the staffs who served us breakfast at the terrace this morning. It was 11:50am (around noon) when we had our breakfast (one good thing is that they serve their breakfast until 2pm, for lazy travelers like us it's great) and it was extremely bright and shiny. At one point my skin started to hurt because of the sun and I politely asked the staff if he could move the umbrella (which was less than 1 meter away) a little bit towards me. I actually saw a staff helped another couple moving the umbrella the day before during lunch so I thought it wasn't awkward to ask. And I'm never a fussy person and I would not ask such question if my skin wasn't hurting. But the staff said to me, "the sun will move anyway" and refused to help. Shocked - I then had to put on my shawl to protect myself from the rays. And suffered from sweating myself like a pig!

Food at the restaurant was okay only.

I think Villa Honegg is more a destination for "checking out the view" than expecting it to be a super awesome 5-star hotel because it is really not. I would recommend coming for lunch or dinner and you can enjoy the view well enough. On the other hand, Hotel Park Vitznau (15 min boat ride from Villa Honegg) is a much better choice in terms of service, facility and sophistication. The view is also amazing at Hotel Park Vitznau too.

2  Thank EVILO
Reviewed 27 May 2017 via mobile

Unbelievable views due to its unique location up the mountain (Bürgenstock), great food, luxurious guest rooms and very friendly staff. Whether you want to hike, bike, relax, swim in the infinity pool, sunbathe or do a spa treatment, you will find it all at Villa Honegg.

1  Thank Mario G
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Because of the snow, in April, we were not able to descend at night to eat in town but we were so happy we couldn't. Food is delicious and service too

1  Thank SonNY2002
Reviewed 10 May 2017

Noisy, tables too close to eachother, no privacy, chinese with iphoes and ipad without earphones.
Average quality of food and service

2  Thank Destination2015