“Arvo on toast and good coffee”
Review of LULU Barcelona

LULU Barcelona
Ranked #3,241 of 20,044 Restaurants in Province of Barcelona
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Barcelona is awash with cool and funky places doing brunch - there is no other Spanish city like it that I have ever visited - and there have been quite a few! LULU is another of these places. We had a little table on the deck and the service was prompt and friendly. Unfortunately they couldn't do the smoothie I wanted (no strawberries??) so I had the coffee instead which was lovely. We shared arvo on toast which was very tasty.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

During a week end in Barcelona we came for lunch after local friend recommendation and the waitress ignored us on purpose until we asked her (two times, first time has been ignored) to eat for two. She sent us away without doing any effort saying there is no place at all for us. Two minutes later a table has been freed so we asked if we can have it. The waitress did not seem again pleased to welcome us, she just said it should be ok in 5 minutes. After 10 min ignoring us again, we left. Maybe the food is fine but they need at least to improve their staff or to let people know if they select their clients...

3  Thank Sarah_wwello
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

- I ordered orange juice and she said she couldn't make it because there were no oranges. I saw a basket full of oranges just behind me
- she offered me a home made lemonade instead, I got a bottled one after asking twice where my drink was
- we waited for the food way to long. What you get is super small. Still hungry!!!
- we had toasts. She brought it to us and we had to wait another 5 minutes for the cutlery. She had to wash it!!! Our toasts got cold. Of course.
- 8 degrees outside, the door was open all the time, we were freezing, eating in our jackets
- this girls messed up everything she could
- very disorganized
- forgetting everyone's orders, everyone was complaining

Katie S, Owner at LULU Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

We are SO sorry for your bad experience, we would like to offer our sincere apologies. We are training new staff right now so this weekend our organisation was not up to our desired standards. we would like to offer you a meal on the house, you can contact us at katie@lulubarcelona.com.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

Awkward as a local. Though I did mention directly as well. Been popping in for few years as a friend lives nearby, lunches etc. Not as much any more sadly. Some nice staff and some stone cold. New decor nice though value gone down. Less value, quantities and more cost. A glass of water - ‘jug’ - of what seemed tap water turned out to cost €2... when asked it’s ‘filtrated water, magnesium, etc’ and also to ‘use less plastic’... it can be that special. Feels sad to say but it’s the hallmark of another tourist trap. Harder to feel nourished and fed for the higher charges again.

Reviewed 6 March 2018 via mobile

Amazing breakfast, lost for words! Very tasty with alot of things to choose from. You will not be dissapointed at all. Be there early because it is a small space and can't fit alot of people. Always choose this place instead of a hotel breakfast it's a guaranteed win-win situation. The best breakfast/brunch of a lifetime!