“Very friendly”

Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A typical english village pub serving homecooked traditional food in a beautiful part of the countryside with close links to all major networks.
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

We visited here last Sunday, arriving around 2.30pm, and parked our camper van in one of the allocated bays, having pre-booked a space. A courtesy trip to the bar to notify our arrival, and we were greeted by very friendly staff who made us feel very welcome. They were very apologetic as they informed us that they had completely sold out of Sunday lunches, but offered us an alternative menu, from which we ordered, and thoroughly enjoyed, especially as they allow dogs in all areas, so our loved pet accompanied us. Our intention was to stop overnight, but regretfully our circumstances changed whilst there, so this was not possible. We're certainly looking forward to returning in the near future. A lovely pub, lovely staff and owners - very enjoyable.

Reviewed 15 July 2017

We stopped off in our "Funbus" yesterday and what a great day/evening we had. What a great tittle set up it has,field for Ted our staffy a shower and toilet in the car park which can accommodate up to five motorhomes/camper vans electric hook up available too,Peroni on draft and good food too. Bev (owner I think) was very helpful and as were all the staff there. We will deffo be going there again,we'll recommended,
Thanks vey much - Kev,Alicia & Ted

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 July 2017 via mobile

We spent a night here in the camper recently and received an excellent welcome. Staff friendly and helpful and food good quality and good value. Would certainly recommend.

1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We stayed here in our motorhome. Feast for a fiver on Wednesday was fish and chips. Really nice and well cooked. Service was good too. Well worth a visit if you're in the area. If you stay over in the campsite/car park be aware it is a gravelled area. Not a problem as you will be stopping off for a night usually. Just mentioned this as I heard a very ungrateful couple complain that it wasn't a 'proper camp site'. I think they were very snobbish!

1  Thank kthla23
Reviewed 19 April 2017

I went here with the family on the way home after the easter weekend. My wife found it located on on of those sites that give you details of pubs and restaurants sited just off the motorway. It's about a couple of miles off the A1 near Catterick.

We stopped here for tea. They have a small menu but some things were off because they had had a very busy weekend with the races being on. My wife opted for the Mushroom Soup for starters, which was home made. I had the Pate with toast, which again tasted home made.

For mains the little un had a Rib Eye Steak with peppercorn sauce. I had spaghetti bolognese with chef's own argue sauce and the wife had Shepherds Pie. The pie came in its own separate bowl with sliced carrots and a pot of gravy. My wife said it tasted beautiful.

My pasta came over and on first sight the bolognese looked dry. However, once I tucked in it was moist and full of flavour. The little un's steak came with large mushrooms and chips the size of an adult thumb. She thought the steak was top notch and well worth every penny. The service was excellent and the chef deserves a well earned round of applause.

This is easily a place we would have driven past if it hadn't been for the web site that found it. We would definitely recommend this place to travellers.

1  Thank helenandpaul13