“Good service, good food”
Review of The Lamb Inn

The Lamb Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Rainton
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A typical english village pub serving homecooked traditional food in a beautiful part of the countryside with close links to all major networks.
Reviewed 26 June 2017

We stayed here in our motorhome. Feast for a fiver on Wednesday was fish and chips. Really nice and well cooked. Service was good too. Well worth a visit if you're in the area. If you stay over in the campsite/car park be aware it is a gravelled area. Not a problem as you will be stopping off for a night usually. Just mentioned this as I heard a very ungrateful couple complain that it wasn't a 'proper camp site'. I think they were very snobbish!

1  Thank kthla23

Reviewed 19 April 2017

I went here with the family on the way home after the easter weekend. My wife found it located on on of those sites that give you details of pubs and restaurants sited just off the motorway. It's about a couple of miles off the A1 near Catterick.

We stopped here for tea. They have a small menu but some things were off because they had had a very busy weekend with the races being on. My wife opted for the Mushroom Soup for starters, which was home made. I had the Pate with toast, which again tasted home made.

For mains the little un had a Rib Eye Steak with peppercorn sauce. I had spaghetti bolognese with chef's own argue sauce and the wife had Shepherds Pie. The pie came in its own separate bowl with sliced carrots and a pot of gravy. My wife said it tasted beautiful.

My pasta came over and on first sight the bolognese looked dry. However, once I tucked in it was moist and full of flavour. The little un's steak came with large mushrooms and chips the size of an adult thumb. She thought the steak was top notch and well worth every penny. The service was excellent and the chef deserves a well earned round of applause.

This is easily a place we would have driven past if it hadn't been for the web site that found it. We would definitely recommend this place to travellers.

1  Thank helenandpaul13
Reviewed 14 April 2017

Arrived in our motorhome, having found it through 'Britstops.' We didn't expect a great deal, other than a car park and some pub grub. What a surprise! We were welcomed into the car park and shown where everything is by a friendly chap, who we don't think actually works at the Lamb Inn. Even the regulars gave us a friendly welcome as we entered the bar. The pub has a homely atmosphere. The meals were good with generous portions. A word of advice.......order the steak and ale pie, it's awesome !! In fact I'd go as far as to say, you'll struggle to find better. This place is a real little gem with excellent and friendly service. Even my grumpy mother in law enjoyed it, which is praise indeed!!

2  Thank JRMorris5
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Everyone had a meal, mine was 'ok' had scampi and chips in a basket and that's what I got, very basic, basically 6 pieces of what looked like supermarket frozen scampi and homemade chunky chips in a 70's basket need more presentation , barstaff/waitress was fab top service... pub in general was good/average 3.5 top score

2  Thank AndreaThirsk
Reviewed 3 December 2016 via mobile

A proper sausage barm with Brown sauce. Stayed here 2 nights no complaints good food excellent staff and a lovely pub to visit.

2  Thank Graeme W