“Friendly and welcoming”

Price range: US$3 - US$8
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A typical english village pub serving homecooked traditional food in a beautiful part of the countryside with close links to all major networks.
Reviewed 7 November 2016

Arrived Friday afternoon in our motorhome, no charge to stay, toilet and shower facility in spotless condition. Friday offers of BOGOF on drinks 5-7pm and a £5 meal offer 6-7pm. Pub was very quiet and the staff were jovial, Not required by us, but special dietary options are no problem. Extensive menu, Sunday lunch is to be highly recommended.

1  Thank williamtH5413VF

Reviewed 8 August 2016

.....a quiet pub on a Monday evening was just what I need. I had a naive pint of Black Sheep and I ordered bangers and mash from the menu. The young lady who served me and took my order was very pleasant but my meal was no better than average. Having said that, it wasn't expensive, but if it had been served with peas, and a little onion in gravy it would have been so much better and the cost to prepare it would hardly have been affected. There was certainly a generous portion.....but I don't remember ordering lumps in my mashed potato!!

LambInn2012, Owner at The Lamb Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2016

I am so sorry that your experience of your visit here was not as you expected!
We served exactly what you ordered, and if you had requested peas or onion gravy we would have been happy to give them to you!
You say the waitress was very pleasant so I really have no idea why you felt you could not mention this to her?
That being said we are indeed truly sorry that you did not entirely enjoy your bangers and mash..especially as it is one of our more popular dishes.
As for the mash.... well a couple of lumps proves its real and not processed!!!

Reviewed 2 August 2016 via mobile

We popped in and had a drink. Lovely atmosphere and very welcoming. We overheard other people having enjoyed a meal 'as usual'. Shame we didn't have time to sample it, but it looked clean and homely.

1  Thank Veronica W
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Travelling to Alnwick today my husband and I left the A1 and found The Lamb Inn after a 5 minute drive. Situated in a very quiet village the service was good and the food was lovely and not expensive. The staff were lovely too and kindly helped by filling my hot water bottle for my bad back - something they said they've never been asked! Definitely recommend if travelling on the A1 if wanting somewhere to eat that is not a service station.

1  Thank erink750117
Reviewed 19 June 2016 via mobile

Great quality food at very reasonable prices and a good selection of vegetarian options. Friendly service and a welcoming atmosphere, could not have been better!