All reviews waffle machine complimentary breakfast new build great hotel beans excellent value for money bathroom door the sofa bed an evening meal very clean hotel iron and ironing board rooms are great self service decent size cooked breakfast breakfast staff car park
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This is the first time I’ve stayed at this hotel and I am bitterly disappointed.
Reception, the bar area and restaurant are very unwelcoming and not very comfortable at all.
The rooms are fine and extremely clean, beds are not bad. Alarm clock is a welcome addition.
However, the menu is extremely limited for a hotel like this and food quality is poor. Breakfast selection is ok however I’ve not had a cooked breakfast to comment on that.
Based on previous reviews I was looking forward to my extended stay here but have been left disappointed.

Stayed: November 2018, travelled on business
GavinT500, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear GS1972

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and I am sorry that you were disappointed by aspects of your stay, as you highlighted this is not the normal feedback that we receive.

I hope you would give us the opportunity of giving is the chance to redeem our reputation on your next visit to Aberdeen.

Reviewed 24 October 2018

Stayed here with several other guests after my mums wedding. We had drinks in the bar the night before with the the inhouse guests and although it is a nice area the drinks are pricey. We then stayed in the actual hotel the following night after a extra late check in. Hotel was immaculate, so impressed. The room however was freezing. And remained cold for the rest of the night even though i put the heating up. Bathroom was spotless too. Didn't use any of the hotel facilities but my friends did and they all rated it. The breakfast was super too. The young waitress was very helpful and very smiley considering she was alone and it was busy. What a choice there was, the waffle iron was a great surprise. We were sad to not be able to stay longer. Would definitely return.

Room Tip: Dont miss breakfast
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
GavinT500, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Misspooh25

Thank you for the 5 star review, we really appreciate it, we have noted your comments regarding the heating and will look into this.

Reviewed 16 October 2018 via mobile

Booked a night here whilst visiting family on the outskirts of Aberdeen. Hotel is great lovely staff good parking and nice and fresh hotel albeit it fairly new development. We paid £45 bed and breakfast which in today’s money is amazing value - would recommend highly and will stay here again!

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
GavinT500, General Manager at Hampton By Hilton Aberdeen Westhill, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear Bakkie1982

Thank you for the 5 star review, we really appreciate it.

Reviewed 14 October 2018 via mobile

A wonderful new hotel with excellent facilities and I enjoyed a very comfortable sleep.

However they have over enthusiastic housekeeping. After they knocked at 9am I told them I would be leaving at midday.
They opened (didn’t knock!) the door again at 10 when I was in the shower, then I was shocked to come back from breakfast at 1045 to discover my room wide open and them turning the room. Not ideal given my valuables and belongings were still unpacked.
They left and despite AGAIN telling them I’d be leaving at midday (official checkout time) they opened the door at 11.15 without knocking.
Eventually I had enough, left a 11.30 and wrote my emails downstairs.

I know it was a Saturday and the hotel was quiet so my room was likely the last to be turned, but one of the reasons I stayed here was because of the late check-out.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Rachel H

Thank you for your review regarding you recent stay with and please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused by the housekeeping team. Please be assured I have spoken to the manager to ensure this does not happen in the future.

I do hope you will stay with us again on your next visit to Aberdeen.

Thanks again

Reviewed 11 October 2018

Good stuff here. Huge pizza! And I had ordered side vegetables as I was so hungry. There was no need. Pizza was fantastic.

Its good rooms, really big and open.

Breakfast was braw too.

No complaints here at all. Hilton don't need great reviews, they always get custom.

This place is perfect for getting about and having a quiet place to return to. Nice staff, talkative and knew the job.

These places do lack the individuality I enjoy in a hotel. But you cant complain at all with the service or rooms etc. It serves its purpose brilliantly.

Enjoy

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business

Dear Thegodfuzzy

Thank you so much for your great review about your recent stay, we hop to see you again soon.