Village Montana(Val Thorens)
  • Restaurant
Langley Hotel Tango(Val Thorens)
Altapura(Val Thorens)
  • Pool
Hotel 3 Vallees(Val Thorens)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Koh-I Nor(Val Thorens)
Alberta Hotel(Val Thorens)
Arcelle(Val Thorens)
Chalet Peclet(Val Thorens)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrooms are smallclub medboot roomfamily friendly hotelon tapevening entertainmenttable winehotel lacksevery other daythe main bar areaski resortkids clubski roomtowels were changedearly checkski clothesbuffet style
Reviewed 30 March 2016

I have to be honest after staying at Club Med Sensations last year and the Fitzroy the year before I wasn't looking forward to staying at Les Arolles but have to stay I was very pleasantly surprised! Staff at reception were very warm and welcoming and no huge queues! I was a bit peeved as had written twice to be asked to be put on higher floors as I heard it was noisy. We were place on floor 2 room 235 and have to say I was so surprised at how quiet it was! Its a very family orientated hotel so Im guessing the kids were in bed early but nevertheless until the last night (Friday) the only noise we heard was the noise coming from Club Med across the road. The rooms even though quite small were very clean and the beds were really comfortable. I did take my own pillow and glad I did as the pillows arent great! The shower was hot and very powerful. We were on a half board basis and have to say apart from the first night (the food wasn't great) the rest of the stay was wonderful! The last night we were treated to salmon, prawns and steak. All in all my stay at the Les Arolles was wonderful and I would definitely return again. Happy staff, clean rooms, fantastic location as was ski from door and great food. Oh and forgot to say great value for money! See you next year!

Room Tip: I would ask for a valley view. I stayed in room 235 which was overlooking road but very quiet
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank superskier87
Reviewed 22 March 2016

really enjoyed our stay here at this hotel, location was truly amazing!! Couldn't fault the food just delicious!! Only concern was how tiny the rooms are and shower a little slow!! Will definitely book again, as resort truly amazing!!

Room Tip: Amazing location, amazing resort
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Ideally located next to the ski lifts, you walk up some steps and cross a road and your on a ski run down.
Booking in is great fun well more like Monty pythons comedy of errors or a Chinese fire drill.
You will not get your room until 6pm even though departure is at 9am.
Do not ask for a specific room as it is beyond their ability to organise.
I asked weeks ago for a room high up at the back next door to my friends who arrived the next day.
Didn't get any. Not that my expectations were high.
The rooms are typical French rooms, small. Clean and simple.
No phone, no kettle, but clean and definitely refurbished. The TV even has English
Food is great and varied. There is ample wine from a drinks dispenser, water and juices for kids.
On this point, meals start at 7pm in the evening so if you have young children it's better to eat out and have half board lots of restaurants in two minutes walk. Our little guy fell asleep at the table. Last night.
Ski rental very easy.
Wine and snacks in the evening be fast as it's there for only a few minutes. I have to admit not to partaking.
They had a free drinks meeting to orientation you. I did not go it smacked of sales for time share under a different name.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
ClubMedUK_official, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Club mmv Val Thorens - Les Arolles, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2016

Dear Guests,

We were sorry to learn that some aspects of your stay fell below your expectations, notably with regards to the efficiency of the booking and the allocation of your room.

We have shared your comments with our Managers and Staff on-site in order to continue to improve the quality of our facilities and services.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Relations departments at customer.uk@clubmed.com

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us.

Reviewed 9 March 2016 via mobile

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay MMV Arolles. Food selection was good and a pleasant surprise to find ok wine on tap in the dining room. Rooms were small but not a lot of time was spent here. Room 324 has been renovated and is well done, although Beds are a little hard and the pillows are flat. Close to the undercover parking area. Ski in and Ski out a big bonus. Staff extremely friendly and speak English well. I would highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Debra S
Reviewed 27 February 2016

We have stayed in this hotel years ago when it was run by clubmed.
Now under MMV management the atmosphere is a little different but:
The location is one of the best in Val Thorens -Perfect for ski in -ski out.
Rooms are tiny but newly renovated.
It is an all inclusive deal thus all meals are included as well as wine.
Food quality is Ok but nothing to write home about.
Over all a good deal for the money we paid.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family