“Disappointing attitude but mixed feelings on food”
Review of La Chaumiere

La Chaumiere
Ranked #30 of 79 Restaurants in Val Thorens
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 6 April 2018

We found this and booked due to the great welcome from the guy behind the bar taking bookings.....we ate in the big room at the big which is a bit kitsch but nice any cosy anyway.
WE ordered and food arrived albeit a little slow service, but it was Easter and restaurant was full....
Steak, chicken and Duck were great, mixed grills gave mixed feeling, 2 strips of 'beef' steak, chicken was ok and overcooked small pieces of duck

Also I asked for mustard and was brought a large plastic squeezy, like one would expect on an american burger or hot dog stand, I was surprised and asked what it was exactly as i wanted Dijon mustard, she explained it was Dijon and I asked why it was served in a hot dog restaurant type container, she then curtly replied if it makes me feel better she can put it in a bowl....from there on in service went downhill, got longer and her attitude got worse - shame as otherwise was a decent experience (Oh and I speak fluent french - so the language was not a problem - she also had excellent english....)
Will not revisit

Date of visit: April 2018

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We had a delicious cheese fondue here. The service and food were excellent and the restaurant was inviting, warm and friendly. The seats were padded with fur, which is great on a cold winter's night

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We stopped here for lunch on a bad weather day. I didnt eat but opted for a hot chocolate whilst my partner ordered burger and chips. The food quality was incredible and reasonably priced for the HUGE portion sizes provided. My only negative is that they have crammed alot of tables into small areas meaning we felt very squashed in the corner during a busy service!

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We couldn't get enough. Had the foie gras, the cheese box, la pierrade aux trois viandes and they were all amazing.

Reviewed 26 January 2018 via mobile

Go somewhere else, this kind of "restaurant" shouldn't have any customer
French fries are disgusting
Soda without gas and drinks way too expensive
Burger were not even good
Unfriendly staff