All reviews button lift ski weekend ski hire shop main lifts hot tub marie skiers team slopes skiing
Reviewed 10 February 2017 via mobile

Very nice hôtel. View on the pist. Massive terrasse. 2bedrooms. Staff very kind. I really liked it. Good beds. Nice food and breakfast. Good tout have a Bath for once. Very nice décoration. Lovely jubbly

Stayed: February 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 February 2017 via mobile

A mate and I stayed here for 3 nights on a short ski weekend.

The place is in a cracking spot and you can ski in/ski out straight to the main lifts in Les Gets which are 200m away. There is a ski rental shop underneath and the guy who runs it is great. He let us change skis etc as we wanted, as the conditions changed during the weekend with heavy snow. You also get 10% discount for staying upstairs.

The place itself is clean and well staffed. The couple who run it are lovely. The rooms are very small (we had a twin set-up) and they are hot, even if you crank the skylight open.

We did half-board and the breakfast spread is really good. We are one pre-set menu, which wasn't great to be honest, but you ca pre-order tartiflette or a couple of other things and I'd probably recommend that.

Out stay wasn't cheap, but we had no choice as it was last minute. It didn't stop a great weekend for. Short stay in a great spot (5 min walk into town) highly recommended. Would stay again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank BondiRescued
Marie b, Directeur général at Chalet Hotel Aiguille Blanche, responded to this reviewResponded 9 February 2017

Dear Bondi,
Thank you so mutch for your opinion.
We are glad you enjoy Aiguille Blanche, and would be please to welcome you again.
Concerning the food I m sad you didn't enjoy the diner you had with us you should have told us the thing you didn't like. It's better this way so we can impruve and become better.
Hope you had a good trip back.
regards
Marie

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Stayed here one night. Private parking provided and friendly greeting. English speaking which was helpful although I was with persons who speak French. Free tea and coffee non stop and breakfast was included, traditional French of course. Hotel is right next to the slopes, and 2 min walk from ski pass purchase point and there is also a ski rental right below.

Room was good size and bed comfy. Water pressure ok. Does the job for a few nights. Only downfall, very, very noisy. Being a chalet, everything is heard. Annoyingly we had children running around till 2300 on the landing and being very rude and inconsiderate in their rooms, but not the chalet's fault.

All in all, good location and good stay.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 April 2015

This hotel is small - only 7 or 10 rooms, but it's charming. It's 2 floors above the ski rental shop. Our meals were included but they could have done better with both the breakfast being offered and the nightly dinner. They ran out of orange juice when we came downstairs, and didn't offer to replenish, even though I asked. The dinner was just so-so and the wine that we bought was relatively expensive. We happened to sit next to the owner for dinner and he told us the chef was off that night. Too bad for us as I read some of the reviews about the excellent cuisine, which we didn't get. The owner was having spaghetti bolognaise, which looked way better than the tartiflette that we were served. The rooms and bathroom were really clean, with plenty of hot water and good pressure. However, they were small and the walls are thin so we could hear other guests. It wasn't a problem for us as we were all skiers and went to bed early, so all was fairly quiet, but I was woken up too early in the morning by people clomping about. The other downside of the hotel is the location of the hot tub and it wasn't as hot as we would like - but hey, that's Europe for you.

Room Tip: Not sure what is good or not, I asked for a corner room and got it.
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunvalleygirl
Reviewed 24 March 2015

My wife and I had a wonderful (but short) stay in this chalet hotel located at the end of Les Gets with very easy ski in out access to the slopes and a ski hire shop underneath. The owners; Marie and Francois (the chef) and the staff, particularly Nuria (the only Spaniard in Les Gets - sorry if I spelt that wrong but I lost my piece of paper !) were very welcoming and nothing was too much trouble. Great layout in the eating area and lounge where you could make new friends (if you wanted to) or just relax in your own company in front of the cosy stove, feet up in the couch in front of the 6 nations with a glass of Leffe ! Nuria even lent my wife a bikini for the jacuzzi ! - anyway our stay could not have been better !

Room Tip: They are all nice
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple