See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 October 2017

First, I attempted to check in with a black woman that claimed that I had no reservation. She was rude, acted clueless, and was not eager to resolve the problem of being unable to find my reservation, after I showed her an email on my phone that I had a reservation, with confirmation, and paid. Finally, she booked "the last room" they had for me, and I paid there in person. The next day I checked out with a white woman, who claimed she was the manager. She was the rudest person I have ever met, and definitely did not belong in the hospitality industry. I asked her if she spoke English, and she said yes. When I asked her about the luggage storage for the daytime, she snobbishly told me, "we do not have very much room, you can put your bag over there" while pointing next to a chair in the middle of the lobby. I asked her about the luggage room the woman the night before mentioned. The manager then said, "this is a small hotel, we do not have a luggage room," you can put your bags here, we have many bags. She spoke with disgust in her voice. Upon returning to take my bags and go to the train, I asked for help with calling a taxi. She said, "we do not call a taxi." I told her I was just at a restaurant in the port and they told me they could call a taxi, and asked her why she could not. She said, "this is a 2-star hotel." I then asked, "with 2-star service?" It did not even merit 2 stars. This woman would not help one bit with anything. When I asked questions, she would pretend like she did not understand me, yet she clearly understood me only moments before. She seemed completely bothered to be working in the hotel and was very arrogant. I asked about uber, and she told me "ha, in Cassis, there is no uber." A few minutes later, on the hotel wi-fi, I confirmed an uber. I told the woman that she was the rudest person I had ever encountered in France, and she then whistled at me and waved her arms at me to get out of the hotel. Why was this woman so unhelpful, unfriendly, un-welcoming? I will never know, but I did see on many previous reviews similar complaints.

I would also like to add how dirty the hotel was. The bathroom was disgusting, I did not even use the shower. The room was a cubicle, where u have to tip-toe around the bed, in order to move in the room. Any hostel would far surpass the quality of this budget hotel. I was also bitten all over my body with bug bites the next morning after sleeping here. I wonder if the hotel had bed bugs, or just bugs that bit me? I will also mention the lack of an elevator, and having to climb many flights of stairs to get to the room. Even the location, near to the port, is not enough to persuade me to stay here again!

Room Tip: Absolutely avoid this hotel. Spend just a little more and have a nice night's stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
5  Thank Smilinsnoboarder
Reviewed 16 September 2017 via mobile

Reasonably priced. Clean. Helpful and friendly staff. Location is great. Near the Old Port of Cassis and the Beach. Request a room with a balcony if possible. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank thisissusan
Reviewed 31 August 2017 via mobile

A small hotel. Location in the middel of the city. Small room. A lot of stairs and no lift. No parking,but you can park in a community parking 600 m. up in the street . Don't take the breakfast, if you don't love marmelade and just coffé.
The view from the room is lovely . From our room you can see the castle in Cassis. A simple hotel with a nice view!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

My sister and I spent two nights here. The hotel room itself was okay (we booked a room with terrasse). It could have been cleaner, though. The bed sheets looked quite used. We also only had three towels for two persons and explicitly had to ask for the refill of toilet paper. The room service was okay, but we still had sand on the floor afterwards.
The parking situation is horrible... We had to park at "Miramar" parking lot, which was very expensive (23,50 EUR per whole day). If we would have known that before, we would've booked another (more expensive hotel) with integrated parking possibilities.
The upside is that you don't have to take breakfast at the hotel - there is a SPAR supermarket right next to the hotel.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 June 2017 via mobile

We had mixed feelings upon arrival at the hotel and the reviews are quite mixed. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. We found the hotel within a 2 minute walk from the car park that we used and the location is superb for everywhere in Cassis. The reception staff we not welcoming or friendly at all and English was not good or else they weren't in the mood to talk to us. They were not at all helpful so we found out what we needed to know from the locals who are very willing to help and offer directions. The hotel can't be faulted for cleanliness throughout, which is one of the main things for me as well as location. The room had a lovely view overlooking the notre dame. The beach and port are a 5 minute walk around the corner from the hotel, where you will find excellent bars and restaurants on every street at reasonable prices. Cassis is so beautiful. Make sure you add to your list. One of my favourite places in France. Definitely choose Cassis over La Ciotat but if you get the chance make sure and drive The route des cretes to la Ciotat. The views are stunning!!! The best on the Provence!

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends