“Okay food, bad service, no payment by card.”
Review of Don Camillo

Don Camillo
Ranked #100 of 126 Restaurants in Cassis
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 September 2017

We had the paella here, some weeks ago. The place looks cute, the paella was fine and view over the harbor is great. However; the service is terrible. At the end of our night we wanted to pay. We waited for a long time to get the check, but we didn't get one. So we had to go to the owner at cash deck. Over there we were told very rude that we could not pay by card - cash only. I had to explain that I had no cash on me. This was when the owner said that I had to walk through the city centre of Cassis to find an atm, which was about a 15 minute walk, twice. My partner had to stay and wait till I came back. Ridiculous!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

These were the worst pancakes I ever had, they had a terrible sour taste.
Unfriendly staff. Expensive as well.
AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

1  Thank Andreas E
Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I'm so annoyed I didnt read these reviews before- it would have saved us such a terrible moment you don't need while on holiday.

We got there and sat down, while waiting for a long time to be acknowledged, my two children started lining up some sauce pouches left by the customers before us. Second thing I know, this utterly rude woman came and SNATCHED them tremendously rude from my kids and yelled at me that they're are theirs!

We ignored that, and waited a lot longer. Then, this woman came shouted at me in French and i said to her I didn't speak French (I'm the menu they cleverly pointed out they speak English). Despite that, she carried on walking. After several minutes of waiting to be at least offered water, I spotted a waiter resting against the wall to my shock. I called him and tried to ask him to please get the food order for us. Then this utterly historical woman came and shouted in French at him then in a total display of rudeness and disrespect for others especially me and my family, shrieked at me in French in front of gobsmacked customers and my two kids.

After the initial shock passed, another customer had the kindness to translate this persons screams - apparently we sat down without a reservation (being the hideous place almost empty now I know why), and told us that we will have to wait longer to be served!

Obviously we stood up and left and this insane woman told us good bye in French!!! I had been in utter disbelief, but after reading the reviews I feel so much better.

Regardless of our condition of British tourist which they clearly don't like, the whole lack of respect against others from this woman is atrocious! The other customer told us to leave as the food was bad too. We couldn't agree more, the place was empty and people looked completely in shock.

I'm genuinely sad that there still tourist falling for this traps. If people have personal issues - I think catering is the wrong career. This place should be closed by the authorities of this beautiful town- it certainly gives a bad name to it.

2  Thank Dee C
Reviewed 25 July 2017

We are a family of five (three children of elementary school age) and after spending a few hours at the beach, we went looking for a restaurant. It was about 5:00 pm on a Tuesday and many of the restaurants would not reopen until 7:00, but this restaurant was open and it seemed family friendly and had a nice view, so we got a table. Unlike other reviewers's experiences, the woman who served us was wonderfully friendly. All five of us also very much enjoyed our meals. (The bill came to 150 euros (with wine), so it wasn't cheap, but I didn't feel cheated.)

When I came here to look at what other people had said about the restaurant, I was pretty shocked to see that so many other people hated it. Perhaps we just got lucky tonight.

Date of visit: July 2017
1  Thank danielgY4770FT
Reviewed 25 July 2017 via mobile

We ordered the bouillabaisse with lobsters. What we got was a plate of overcooked whole fish, which we had to pick ourselves and put in the so called bouillabaisse. The soup was brown/green with a hint of yellow, it was gritty and had a fishy odor(yes, it's a fish soup but bouillabaisse should not smell like fish like that). We tasted it, found it foul and notified the waiter, which simply said she was sorry we didn't like it. For a meal like this, you should not pay, at least not full price, but the boss insisted that she'd never heard anyone complain before, and when we complained, she argued that she didn't understand English, although she had no problem communicating with us before.
All in all, a lying tourist trap with the nastiest bouillabaisse by far.
Don't get intrigued by the menu with options for the bouillabaisse, just don't eat here.

Date of visit: July 2017