“Great experience ”
Review of Bois Joli

Bois Joli
Reserve with
Bois Joli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: French
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 27 August 2018 via mobile

This was one of the best meals I have had recently. Great ambiance splendid menu lived up to its write up. Good amuse bouche enjoyable seafood grill perfectly cooked liver splendid wine list. Excellent service and reasonably priced. If we return I would try to stay here

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 24 December 2017

This as got to be one of the finest meals I have had,from the welcome to the meal it’s self which was amazing. I was with my family and the Wyrills,can I say the waitress who served us was excellent and very patient especially with our broken French. Can i thank you all for a wonderful evening

Date of visit: December 2017
Reviewed 19 June 2017

We're partial: this is the small hotel where we stayed, and we already knew that the welcome was warm, the attention paid to detail impressive. Now, to our dinner: we took the "Charmille" menu option, three services for 28 euros. Excellent in all respects. To be different (and to have that extra glass of wine), I had the cheese platter in lieu of dessert. Great Norman specialties, including a raw milk camembert to die for. Old world decor, not fake; this is a "Belle Epoque" hotel in a 19th century town.

Date of visit: June 2017
Reviewed 2 September 2016

Having stayed in this hotel in 2015 we decided to go back for a meal. We took two of our friends along with us and we all enjoyed a fabulous meal. One of our friends is a vegetarian and we had no problems with getting a lovely meal for her. This hotel is really a little gem of a find. Thanks again, we will be back again.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed 21 August 2016

We've eaten at several restaurants on Bagnoles and have usually come away thinking it was not quite as good as expected. The Bois Joli does not fall into this category.

The quality and choice of food was excellent. I think maybe the portions could have been more generous, but perhaps this was because we were very hungry and the dishes we did not choose may have been more substantial.

The service was very good, with pleasant and professional waiters, and as we were waiting for the table, a nice beer on the balcony was pleasant. Just on that, when booking for a specific time, I like the option of going to the table at that time, so this was a minor blemish. Menus in English were on offer, but we do rather like the challenge of ones in French.

The atmosphere was good, with a variety of couples and (adult) families, some of whom were staying at this hotel. The restaurant was far better than those which can be the case when part of a hotel.

The location, just on the edge of (the lovely town of) Bagnoles de l'Orne was fine with easy access and parking.

As for price, this was OK, not cheap, but nothing that would make the credit card creek.

All in all, a very nice place and we'd be pleased to return.

Date of visit: July 2016