“Worst service ever!”

Ranked #9 of 16 Hotels in Mont-Saint-Michel
Phoenix, Arizona
“Worst service ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2011

Be VERY careful when booking with these people. I have a wife and 2 small children and asked for a room for 4 people for our stay. They booked us into a room for 3 without authorization and would not reverse the charges.

Worst service EVER! Horrible!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Familymann33

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

We arrived here at Mont St. Michael, after a long day of sightseeing, looking forward to nothing more than a good nights sleep. We were actually surprised by the size and quality of the rooms until a group of soldiers (apparently graduating) took over the dinning room below our room. They are yelling loudly, singing loudly, pounding on tables and more. It's Monday night and I though a reasonable time to quiet things down would be no later than 10"30. I contacted management and they said they would help. At 11:15, no change. I called management again and first they said they couldn''t (or wouldn't ) do anything (hard to say, my french is worse than they'tr english). They later came back and said it would improve by 11"45.
I wouldn't stay here again under any circumstances because the problem is more than the party. There is zero sound proofing of the doors. With our windows and doors shut tightly, it sound like the dinning room is right here in my hotel room. To make it worse, it's very hot in here with the windows closed.
We are on a Rick Steve's Tour of Paris and Normandy and it's been very nice until tonight. I've traveled for more than forty five years and have never stayed in a hotel room this noisy.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank sleepdoctor

Travellers are raving about these Mont-Saint-Michel hotels

Michigan
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

It's 10:30 pm (it's also Monday night), we just got in from a long day of touring, ready for a good nights sleep. However, floor immediately below us is full of French soldiers (apparently graduating) and partying very loudly. The noise is so loud that I'm sure even the normal noise of a restaurant would keep us awake, but this party is ridiculous. My wife tried closing the windows tightly, but the noise is coming straight through the door. Zero sound insulation. The room is decent, the the noise is so bad, it would get a one star rating even if I was in Trump tower. It's just ridiculous. I've even put in ear plugs and that's not helping. Management is next, but it's so bad there is no way they don't know (unless they're off premises).
We're with a Rick Steve's tour, which so far has been good, but skip this hotel.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2011

We spent one night in Croix Blanche. We wanted to be inside Mont St Michel, because I thought it closed its gates. Well it doesn't, and after 7 the parking is free. It is still very nice to stay inside when the tourists have gone, but is cheaper and better quality to stay outside (and better food). When we called the hotel they offered us three rooms one for 90 euros, another for 120 euros and a last one for 180. We took the most expensive one because it had view and a lift. When we arrived there was no lift (no big deal) but the room was ok, quite basic and with a small window, but good enough.
The problems came later. At night we decided to eat outside the mont, because the food in the hotel is awful and overpriced. My husband was taking pictures and I went back to the hotel at 11pm. I found the lights off and everything closed. Nobody had warned us of this. I tried every door and finally a side door opened. I came into the restaurant said HELLO but no one was there. So I went up the stairs to my room, just to find that there was a gate closing the access to the rooms. Impossible to open it from inside or out. I could not believe the guests are locked, what happens if there is a fire? After a while it occurred to me that they told us breakfast was in a neighbour hotel. (Thank god I remembered that!!) So I went there, there was only a cleaning boy, I tried to explain in poor french and he understood, took a set of keys and came with me. He opened the gate let us in and closed again with lock.
In the morning we went for the breakfast (at 7 am, because we had to catch an early train) but found out it was not included and it was 15 euros per person (a robbery, it looked very basic, croissant, jams, juices). So we wanted to check out, but we were told to wait until 8. When the girl finally came she told us the price was 190. It is not the 10 euros difference, but if you are told something it's just so disappointing to have this discussion. She even admitted talking to my husband on the phone. She told us to talk to the manager but we would have to wait until he arrived some time in the morning. Of course we paid, we left. But never again, they are just not serious. Don't stay there!

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
7 Thank silvestrito48
Winnipeg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

Our family of four wanted to stay "on site" in Mont St. Michel to see it without all the tourists, so spending the extra money at Hotel Croix Blanche was well worth it. The rooms are excellent and we had an excellent night sleep. We usually stay in lower-priced hotels, but this was a worthwhile splurge for us. Breakfast was pricey, so we skipped it and ate on our way out.

Parking in the causeway lot was free if you showed the attendant your reservation email.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family