All reviews the main street the main hotel fisherman's cottage wonderful night private terrace stay overnight magical place the hotel reception day trippers unique experience bay view mixed reviews parking lot medieval village fairy tale travel light nice room
Reviewed 12 October 2017

We wanted to spend the night on the Mont for a high-tide event, and Auberge Saint Pierre was perfect for that purpose. Our room (423, one of the Logis rooms up a lot of stairs somewhat distant from the main hotel), was terrific: small-ish but very comfortable and beautifully furnished for two people, with good amenities (refrigerator, coffee/tea tray with an electric kettle for hot water, very modern bathroom). Best of all, and a surprise to us since our room was simply described as one with "no bay view" -- there were doors opening onto a small private terrace, with walls of beautiful old stone, and a peek view (from the terrace, not from inside the room) of the Abbey's spire and the gold St. Michael statue at the top of the spire.

We loved being above and away from the main street, and loved walking up the narrow stone steps/paths to our room. We were able to watch the high tide come in from a viewpoint on the ramparts, which was an amazing spectacle, and spending the night on the Mont made it possible for us to choose a time to tour the Abbey when the ticket lines were very short. Staying overnight definitely made it possible for us to control the impact on our visit of the big crowds that are always here. And the night-time and early morning hours on the Mont are magical!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank SoCalFlaneuse
Reviewed 11 October 2017

First of all, plan to stay overnight in Mont St. Michel. The Auberge Saint-Pierre is the absolute best location for a visit to this incredible island. Here, you will find old world ambiance, a refreshing change of scenery, and peace and quiet. We stayed 2 nights, and still were not quite ready to leave. The room was small, but had everything necessary for a comfortable stay. The dining room was lovely, and breakfast can be included. The best part of this auberge is the location. There is a main street entrance, and a back door that leads directly to the ramparts of the the village. Shops and restaurants are a few steps away from either entrance. I'm still kind of mesmerized by the antiquity of the auberge, which is located in a truly magical place....Mont St. Michel. Don't give it a second thought. Just go.

Room Tip: You must carry your own luggage up the steps. Perhaps bring only the clothing needed for a night or 2.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Sawadeetoday
Reviewed 15 September 2017

We stayed one night and were happy with the room and the hotel. Everyone was so helpful from the moment we checked in -- in both French and English. (Reception is on the second floor and the hotel is near the entrance to Mont Saint Michele.)

A small but very comfortable hotel. The rooms are immaculate and every bit of space is used well. The bathrooms are updated with showers and tubs and plenty of clean towels.

You do pay for water in the mini guest bar refrigerator. A surprise since we received complimentary water in every other hotel we stayed at while touring the area. Breakfast is also an additional cost.

A lovely breakfast room. Much nicer than the hotel restaurant on the street level. The breakfast was good. A nice selection to choose from and all fresh including smoked salmon.

(There is no elevator and that is understandable because of the size but you will have to carry your own bags up the stairs to your rooms and back down when you leave so pack light.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back so you are not disturbed by the street noise below.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed 8 September 2017

We were intent on staying on the Mont during our visit. We chose Auberge Saint Pierre based on other travellers reviews and were not disappointed. After climbing the stairs from the street level to the second floor reception, we were checked in promptly and showed to our room. It was spacious with a king bed (two twins) a large bathroom and a "view" onto the main street below. We would typically have been disappointed with the "view" however what else would you expect on the Mont? It's part of the experience! It was our experience that we were awaken very early (about 5 AM?) by the sounds of a forklift delivering goods to the local restaurants. You can only imagine the sounds of wine bottles on cobbles stones. Keep this in mind if that's something that will bother you and request an outside room. Again, for us, it was part of the experience. Allowed us to get some sunrise pictures with absolutely no one else around. Overall, a very comfortable hotel in a very good location on the Mont.

Room Tip: If mobility is an issue, ask for an accessible room. There are lots of stairs everywhere.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

We went here for lunch on friends recommendation and sat in the little terrace at the rear. While the food itself was OK, the service was the worst I have had in years. The waitress brought the wrong drink for me and said she would bring what I had ordered but never returned. When my soup arrived I asked for my drink and the waitress went off but I then realised there was no spoon for the soup. After a 5 minute wait I went in to the restaurant and found my own spoon in the servers. My drink finally arrived after I asked the waiter who bought my main course. He later managed to drop a plate of mussel shells next to us and just kicked them away from the door. And carried on. It was all like Fawlty Towers, but I would not go there again.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family