Hotel Saint-Michel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Auberge Saint-Pierre(Mont-Saint-Michel)
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Le Mouton Blanc(Mont-Saint-Michel)
  • Free Internet
Le Relais Saint-Michel(Mont-Saint-Michel)
La Digue(Mont-Saint-Michel)
Hotel Gabriel(Mont-Saint-Michel)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2015

About a month after booking the hotel on the ot-montsaintmichel website I found the negative reviews on TripAdvisor. Almost cancelled the reservations but my family said to leave it. Upon arriving, we found the check-in office easily. Our hotel was up the main road, Grand Rue which is a steep incline. And the hotel is at the other end of the village. We had to ask directions at a shop at the end of the road in order to find the hotel.
This is really not a hotel, it is a building with rooms. Our room was up one flight of stairs. The room was very clean and so was the bathroom. Just a basic room with 2 beds a few pieces a furniture and a TV (French only stations). Very basic with some wear – few scratches on the floor and a lamp was missing the glass cover. The bathroom shower had a few tiles missing on the corners. Not really a big deal. The room was fine, perfect for a night one stay, reasonably priced and nice view. Glad that we didn’t cancel the reservations.
Few suggestions: There were tons of mosquitoes on the island. We had a few in our room. Not much you can do about it. Locals said there are mosquitoes from June to October. So if you visit during that time you can’t open the windows because there are no screens. Haven’t seen screens on any windows in France. We didn’t have any problems in Paris with mosquitoes, but if you go to Mont St. Michel bring your bug spray and netting.
Suggestions for the hotel: There should be a sign at the end of the road for the hotel. And, you should redo your map because it doesn’t show the actual location of the Hotel Mont St. Michel. Before booking, I looked at the map on your site and it shows the hotel not far from the entrance. This is not the case the place to pick up the keys is shown on the map close to the entrance not the Hotel Mont St. Michel which is located up hill at the other end of town. I booked this hotel because I thought it was close to the entrance.
But even with the few problems we encountered, it still worked out very well for us. We enjoyed our visit on Mont St. Michel. And, the hotel wasn’t as terrible as the reviews portray. No it doesn’t have any amenities but for one night it’s fine.

Room Tip: Very basic, no amenties - good for one night stay.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank Dianne A
Reviewed 26 July 2015 via mobile

The instructions on the email you receive did not explain that you had to go to a building down one end of the village to get the key then try and find the non descript entrance to the rooms at the other end of the village. Took us ages to find. When you ring to find our where it is they are really unhelpful.
It was the second day of the farmer manifestations, we could not access the car park and ended up walking in, it would have been nice if the hotel had sent a courtesy email letting us know what was going on so we knew in advance.
Bed & pillows were horribly uncomfortable, but the shower pressure was good and the shower nice and hot.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Odettekeegan
Reviewed 29 May 2015

I had booked this hotel because everything else was already booked so had no choice.
Reading the reviews I was ready for a bad experience but sleeping ON mont Saint Michel was something I had done before and I was taking 2 friends to share the experience, the magic of it at night.
1) when I called all my questions were answered
2) you do not find the place to get your keys only if you can't read the document that goes with the reservation, everything is written very clearly.
3) when you arrive, just after the gate you have the tourist information center that if you are ignorant will answer all your questions and provide you with a map
4) the staff was very nice and gave us the keys, I had booked 2 rooms, it was easy
5)it is REALLY easy to find if you follow the instructions
6)it is true that going down the steps you have the ventilation from the restaurant but you want to sleep on the Mont, it is medieval, it is just another very small world, one could just as well criticize the Mont for lack of light or small staircases, the best for you then is to stay home but here you want MEDIEVAL, the real thing!
7)the rooms: basic but probably much better than the monks room, the Mont is also an experience of a monastery, it looks like a VERY nice cell, what is necessary was there and it was clean, the sheets were spotless, the bathroom was basic but you did not have to share one like the monks did!!!
8)no WIFI, what a joy but if you could not do without the rest of the world, they offer FREE WIFI in the lobby of the hotel where you get your keys and it works well too.
9) it was VERY quiet
10)we needed to check out early, the girl at the reception called the bus for us and it was really very simple and fast
My best experience on the Mont, it was my 3d time.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends
6  Thank Malypun
Reviewed 1 September 2014

First of all this is not a hotel as you would know it.
You collect a key from another establishment,k enter through a door down a few steps off the Main Street, and you enter a passage. Our room was down the steps and the whole place is seriously unclean. The stair carpet is mouldy, and the staircase handrail had a message written in the dust.
The room itself was a large cupboard with a view across some derelict outbuildings to the ramparts, so you could wave to other tourists having a better time than you.
The ensuing shower was a bit small, but the area was quite clean, to be fair.
Brakfeat, included in the price was serves at the cafe next door, which did have views across the sands to the mainland.
I had booked early and got a "deal" at 112 euros for the night, but the going rate seemed to be about 178, I think.
Far better to avoid the island for a hotel, and stay somewhere on the mainland.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John B
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A hideous hotel - overpriced yet extremely grim, this is NOT to be recommended to anyone other than backpackers. No aircon, no wifi and no character or style whatsoever, Le St Michel is a vile place and easily the worst hotel I've been in ever. A prison-like atmosphere amid tiny rooms with no positives at all, there is a reason there are so many bad reviews. AVOID!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family