I had booked this hotel because everything else was already booked so had no choice.
Reading the reviews I was ready for a bad experience but sleeping ON mont Saint Michel was something I had done before and I was taking 2 friends to share the experience, the magic of it at night.
1) when I called all my questions were answered
2) you do not find the place to get your keys only if you can't read the document that goes with the reservation, everything is written very clearly.
3) when you arrive, just after the gate you have the tourist information center that if you are ignorant will answer all your questions and provide you with a map
4) the staff was very nice and gave us the keys, I had booked 2 rooms, it was easy
5)it is REALLY easy to find if you follow the instructions
6)it is true that going down the steps you have the ventilation from the restaurant but you want to sleep on the Mont, it is medieval, it is just another very small world, one could just as well criticize the Mont for lack of light or small staircases, the best for you then is to stay home but here you want MEDIEVAL, the real thing!
7)the rooms: basic but probably much better than the monks room, the Mont is also an experience of a monastery, it looks like a VERY nice cell, what is necessary was there and it was clean, the sheets were spotless, the bathroom was basic but you did not have to share one like the monks did!!!
8)no WIFI, what a joy but if you could not do without the rest of the world, they offer FREE WIFI in the lobby of the hotel where you get your keys and it works well too.
9) it was VERY quiet
10)we needed to check out early, the girl at the reception called the bus for us and it was really very simple and fast
My best experience on the Mont, it was my 3d time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bienvenue au Saint-MichelLe Saint-Michel est un hôtel de charme situé au pied de l'abbaye avec vue sur les remparts du XIVe siècle et sur la baie du Mont Saint-Michel.Ses chambres tout confort sont équipées de salles de bain privatives, de téléviseurs écran plat et de téléphones directs.Son restaurant panoramique vous offrira une vue magnifique sur la baie du Mont Saint-Michel et vous proposera ses délicieuses spécialités de fruits de mer, de grillades et d'agneau de pays. ... more less