See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 September 2016

Taxi fare was 7 euro from the traiin station. The room was clean and tidy. The staff were very helpful. As is common, single rooms, for which you pay a premium, are not spaceous. The breakfasts were fine and continental. This hotel is not suitable for the eldery and infirm. The lifts do not stop on the bedroom floors but between them. You have to haul your case up a flight of stairs or down to get to your bedroom floor.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I've stayed here several times, and I enjoy it in general. The room size is just fine (though they do vary). Walking distance to a nice downtown area, and several places to eat nearby. The staff are helpful and polite. I have no reason to stay someplace else.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 February 2015

Room clean and tidy. Breakfast was continental and quality good. Good selection of teas. Double Room small for 2 adults, you had to sit on the bed to allow the other person to walk past. The photos give the appearance of larger rooms which in some cases must be true but not the room we stayed in. Good location opposite the train station and short walk to town centre.

Room Tip: All rooms are soundproofed.
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Stayed here a week in October on business travel. My typical hotel was booked up. The location is very convenient to the train terminal, which I rode from Paris. I was not impressed when looking at the hotel from the outside, but was surprised at the inside. My room was immaculately clean, very comfortable and most importantly QUIET. It was a smaller than a typical room, but adequate. The breakfast was acceptable. There are many restaurants in the area. I found check-in and check-out both fast. I really liked this hotel more than the other one I have stayed in several times, but there is one reason I would not return to the Kyriad (given a choice). The WI-FI in the room was too slow. Being a business traveler and missing English-speaking evening wind-down entertainment, I watch Netflix and other video services over my laptop. I could not, due to the slowness. A faster connection was not available, even for extra $$, I don't think (I might be wrong, but I don't remember seeing a pay for faster option). Otherwise, an excellent stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank gsanbrook
Reviewed 22 July 2013

Tidy hotel, small room and very clean. Very friendly welcome by a extremely professional receptionist, car parking. So why a low review which I would not normally leave. Simply the attitude of the restaurant waitress. I know we were a little late, but not past opening times but the 'welcome' was from the arctic. Pity the wine wasn't. Thoughts of a chilled bottle of Alsace Riesling evaporated as a lukewarm bottle was plonked on the table. Request for an ice bucket was ignored and two small tumblers of ice were brought for us to add to our wine. Didn't expect a sommellier but I think a little basic training might be in order. Pity as it spoilt what was otherwise a good stay. It's the small things that matter, a smile costs nothing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple