“Meal”

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2017 via mobile

Ordered lamb tagine for main course and was the toughest piece of meat ever and not what you'd expect from a tagine
Friends had foie gras to start and was not a real foie gras as it had no taste
The desert menu had just three options and I opted for tiramisu which arrived in a glass, the sponge was a piece of stale cake smothered in sickly sweet cream. My friend went for the creme brûlée which was just a bowl of custard
Very expensive at 34€ each without wine and when that was included it cost 300€ for four of us
Awful food and awful service

Reviewed 15 October 2016

Excellent service, decor and food make this restaurant the best in town. The desert table in par Excellence. A Dining Experience.

Reviewed 16 August 2016

Just came back from this place after wanting something special for our last night in France. The setting is lovely right next to the river. Met at the entrance and quickly shown to a table furthest away from the river as possible. Not sure if they are reserved for people who booked in advance or not.

The placed filled up quickly so getting there early is a must.

Menus are in French. None of the wait staff speak English, so ensure you brush up on your French food terms before you go.

Food was mediocre. We ordered two tuna avocado salads and a plate of meats. The meat plate was fine and tasty however the tuna salads turned out to be shrimp salads. Our daughter would not eat hers as she hates shrimps.

My wife had the Dorada fish and I had the lamb. The lamb was actually pretty tasty, but because my daughter would not eat hers I shared most of my lamb with her.

When we ordered dessert for our daughter, both her options were not available, which we did not know until they brought a substitute out. The substitute consisted of coffee ice cream and sorbet. The coffee ice cream being really strong. While the two kids at the table next to us got a bowl of chocolate and vanilla ice cream with whipped cream on top.

The shock came when the bill came. It was really expensive for a meal that was mediocre. 130 Euros is a lot of money for 3 people. After 3 weeks in France this was by far the most expensive meal we had. Even more expensive than Paris and everywhere else.

I would suggest that if you are looking for something special, look elsewhere and spend your hard earned money on better food.

Reviewed 28 July 2016

I went there several of times on my businesses trip to Avignon. If you are staying at the Cube hotel, it is highly recommended to go there. It's about 20mns walk and you won't be disappointed. If the weather is nice, sit outside "feet in the water" (but take some mosquito repellent in summer). Dishes are amazing and the staff is great.

1  Thank Leglobetrotter06
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We were looking for a place outside of Avignon near Fort Saint Andre and on the Rhone River. The terrace right on the water offers superb views and a tranquil atmosphere. The food was good although a bit pricey. The four of us enjoyed salmon, beef tartare, wolffish, and a beautiful salad (our main dishes ranged from 16 euros to 26). We heard their pizzas were good (although they were not serving them this Monday night). Overall, great atmosphere and solid food. And if a piece of bread happens to "fall" into the river, you will see lots of fish!