All reviewsmichelin starbeautiful hoteljunior suiteacross the riverone starbeautiful gardenthree nightsrooms are largeroom ratecharming villageold buildingglass of winerestaurants in walking distancecroissantslocal restaurantsa wonderful place to stayavignon area
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Charming hotel, beautiful setting and great hospitality. The staff were extremely helpful in assisting us with selecting places to visit, as the hotel was a great location from which to get to Avignon and the Baux Region. Very good restaurants in the area. We would not hesitate to stay here again.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017

My family (husband, wife, daughter 27 and son 21) stayed at Le Prieure for four days in August of 2017, and had a wonderful time. We took two rooms overlooking the pool. Villeneuve-les-Avignon is a splendid choice for a summer visit to Provence; out of the crowds just across the river in Avignon proper, but convenient not only to Avignon (a 25 minute walk although we took a five minute bus ride) but to everything else, including Arles, Nimes, the Pont du Guard, St. Remy, and innumerable other destinations. You'll need a car to visit sights outside Avignon efficiently, and learn from my mistake to make it a small car. As an additional plus, Le Prieure has ample and free parking.

Villeneuve by itself is a wonderful and evocative little medieval town with a day's exploration due. The hotel is a converted medieval priory with beautiful rooms and grounds, and very nice staff. Though not inexpensive, I thought the rooms were very reasonably priced for what one gets and what I'm used to paying for foreign travel. There is a Michelin-starred restaurant which is terrific but expensive, and we treated ourselves to dinner there only once, and ate our breakfast every day at a café just outside the doors to the hotel.

I would visit Provence again, and I would definitely stay at Le Prieure again.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Familytraveller31
Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Fantastic stay. In all respects.

The hotel itself is beautiful with a large, quiet and clean pool. Perfect for a swim, whether to refresh or to do proper sport.

The rooms were beautiful, calm, nicely decorated and actually quite large - we thought we got upgraded !

Finally the restaurant was phenomenal, with every dish outstanding. Not sure I've ever experienced perfection at every step. So happy I'm here !

Totally recommend it.

Stayed: August 2017
1  Thank Victor J
Reviewed 19 August 2017 via mobile

The hotel is in a beautiful neighbourhood in Villeneuve Les Avignon. Very peaceful and 5 mins walk from many restaurants/cafes. We stayed in a deluxe room which was actually quite basic in furnishings. Not the greatest room for the price, however the Michelin starred restaurant is very good and the location on the Terrance with the cicadas singing and the midsummer heat is truly romantic.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Le Prieure was a wonderful stay. Very relaxing, top food and very nice staff. We really enjoyed their lovely garden while at breakfast specially. The staff made our stay very comfortable and their advise on tours were spot on. I would definitely go back. We were sorry we did not have extra days.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled as a couple