“Very Glad I Tried It”

Cuisines: Cuban
Description: Best Cuban Food in Johns Creek Alpharetta
Description: Best Cuban Food in Johns Creek Alpharetta
Reviewed 9 November 2017

The reviews run hot and cold for Palomilla's which might be cause for concern. My experience here was very good, and I was happy I tried it. Will definitively return.

Even though it was lunch, a generous portion of delicious roast pork with cooked onions was served with a side of black beans and rice along with sweet plantains. The food was NOT overly salted as normal with other Cuban restaurants. I finished with a strong Cuban coffee having a hint of sugar and sprinkled with cinnamon. Such a good meal would be expected in a higher end establishment.

Very good service and an accommodating dining room made for a relaxing lunch. For warmer weather, there is also covered outdoor seating. Background Latin music from various countries was continuously played. Again, I was very glad I tried Palomilla's.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We've been here a couple of times and the food is always good with great service. The music is a great addition although it is a little too loud at times which makes it difficult to have a conversation. Would definitely come here again.

1  Thank Travel4Us7
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

Had the media noche, midnight, sandwich. It was freshly made on sweet bread. The rice and beans spot on. We've lived in Gwinnett 11 years and finally found a Cuban restaurant like the ones from Miami, can't wait to go back.

1  Thank jgwjava
Reviewed 29 June 2017

I was in Atlanta for work for a week and I have to say that this was the highlight of my dining experience. The food was really good and they had a wide selection as well. I was told that this place made really good Cuban sandwiches so was surprised that they had a full menu of entrees to go along with them. The atmosphere in the restaurant was really good, especially compared to a few of the other places I have been in the area. The staff was really attentive and the food came really fast. This is a really good place to catch a meal, even if you are downtown and want to escape the city.

1  Thank Meowy
Reviewed 15 June 2017

the restaurant was almost empty. One waitress and I assume bartender too. drinks too a while. the mojitos were good but nothing outstanding and they don't use any special rums or really anything to set them apart from other restaurants. the appetizers were good. the main dishes - very blahhhhhh my husbands Cuban sandwich was good but came with the pickles he asked to be taken off and wrong side dish he ordered. my order Eli's steak (i think was the name) was tasteless and the fried plantains were hard as a rock and NO flavor I wasn't sure what I was eating. the black beans and rice were really good. Very slow getting our drinks and food. It was a drive for us and definitely not worth going back for.