All reviews ceiling fan minute drive lidl appliances remote reception
Reviewed 28 October 2014

Private and secluded this offers a really peaceful stay in beautiful surroundings. Myriam the receptionist was superb, I have never met anyone as friendly and helpful. You do need a car, but are within easy reach of lots of beautiful places. I recommend Mèze for restaurants, but Old Marseillan and Marseillan plage are also a short distance away. If you arrive on Saturday & need food, I can recommend Bessan Sunday market, lovely fresh produce in the village square. One of the bakers does delicious sourdough bread.
The appartment was clean, well equipped and the lovely big bed was comfier than I expected.
I will certainly go back.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled on business
Olga F, Responsable commercial at Residence Village d'Oc, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2015

Dear Cyntia,

Thank you for you friendly opinion. We will be glad to welcome you again in Village d'Oc.

See you soon.

Sales department

Reviewed 27 June 2014

Booked via Expedia as a one-night stopover on the way to spain. After 12 hours of driving managed to find the location (not easy) only to be greeted by a closed gate and a sign on the door notifying us that reception is only open between 16:30 and 19:00 (we arrived at 20:00).
How did we not know about this?!!! Surely we must have missed the information from our booking confirmation. Checked and double checked and there is not a word about latest check in times! I guess it was not deemed important enough!!!

Not to worry though, I said to my partner, surely there is an emergency out of hours number that we could call. Sure enough a helpful resident noted exactly that from the wall outside reception and brought it to us (we are still waiting outside the gate). I'm sure you have guessed it already… no answer on the emergency number! After several tries and 2 voice mails, we gave up and went to the local Ibis for the night.

As we settled into Ibis, we got a helpful text back from the emergency number at around 22:00 advising us that in the future we should call ahead if we need to check in after 19:00 :). Great!

The residence looks nice and peaceful and it's likely that we would have enjoyed our stay but our experience could only be described as "terrible".

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank kav_pioneer
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Had communications with Myraim the receptionist (but also so much more) before we arrived as we were arriving outside the reception opening times. Wasn't a problem as she gave clear instruction how to get in to the secure village, where our villa was and where our keys were (in a digital safe outside reception).
The place was aesthetically pleasing, very clean and tidy. Everyone who stayed there were very friendly (multi national).
We had the whole pool to ourselves most of the week, it was so relaxing and tranquil.
Myriam was so helpful and friendly. She really can't do enough for you and is a foundation of knowledge on where to go and things to do.
Down side - next time (this was our first time here) we will hire a car as it's a good 20 min away from Beziers and taxis aren't cheap / as frequent as they are in the uk. Average price from city centre to the village was €35 and if you are getting picked up they charge you a pick up charge. And we didn't have an oven (but all villas are different), so be carefully on what you buy at the 'supermachê' but again Myriam asked if we'd like to borrow a plug in one.
There is a club house (as the actual village is located right next to a very nice golf course) a 10 minute walk away and the food there is amazing.
The TV is obviously all French channels but we did have a USB port if you wanted to watch any films etc.
Overall / Summary - fantastic little place, bit remote but the most relaxing holiday I have ever had. Would recommend it.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Neil M
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The place is hard to find! However, if you want to get away from it all, I would give this place in the boondocks two thumbs up. The apartment we rented was clean, the furniture and the appliances a bit scruffy but still acceptable. The reason why I would still recommend it is that at night it was very, very, very quiet. Early in the morning,if you can get up early enough, this place is pure serenity, truly idyllic. Idyllic!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GeorgeCurious
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Couple weeks ago i enjoyed a stay at this park with my family. I think i can say it's a really great and quiet place to stay at. A place where people really can enjoy a peaceful vacation. Something one another really needs from time to time. The park itself looks really picturesque and is surround by some great views. Lots of green and a really nice golf course just outside the park.
It's true when people say you have to drive a couple of miles to get to the nearest town and that there are no restaurant or grocery stores nearby. But why would that matter? People, it's a vacation! You should have no worries once so ever. I think it's great to get back to the park after a nice and long day of beaching, sight-seeing and culture-sniffing and you can just enjoy the quietness. The apartment itself was really nice. I nice little place to stay at. It actually got everything you need, besides an oven. But i got all the necessary equipment, so no complains. It got some nice rooms, nice views and it's great to just sit outside and enjoy the sun, quietness and views. Last but not least, what a wonderful service. The park manager, Myriam, and her partner Johan are really great people and are really caring towards all the people. Once you're there you'll understand. It's almost like they see you as family. They are really friendly and wonderful. I would definitely visit again!

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing the gold course, it's quiet and it get's the most sunhours during the day. If you're closer to the front desk, it's more likely to pick up the wifi signal.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family