The Old Pheasant Hotel
US$66
US$54
Savings alert! 23% below average rates

The price you found is 23% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$70/night.

US$113
US$106
US$108
US$78
US$117
US$95
HolidayInn.com
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

US$141
US$130
All reviewsthe pubevening mealwarm welcomelovely foodexcellent value for moneysteak nightcooked breakfastgenerous portionsneeded somewherecomfy bedrutland waterlog firestayed for nightstoastcomfortable staymain roadbath and shower
Reviewed 15 April 2018

I booked this hotel for myself and 5 friends (3 double rooms) as beds for the night before heading to Rockingham motor speedway the following day.

We phoned ahead at 9:30pm to notify the manager that we would likely be there closer to 10:30pm and this wasn't a problem.
With ample parking for our two cars and race car trailer, we went and checked in. After a 4 hour drive, this was thankfully very painless and we were asked if we wanted one drink before he closed the bar. Despite being the only people in the bar at closing time, we weren't rushed. Drinks finished, we retired to our rooms.

Clean, fresh, warm and cosy.

Unfortunately, we left early, so weren't able to have breakfast here, however I have no doubts that it would have been great, given the high quality of the service we received during the rest of the visit.

We will definitely be booking to stay here when we next visit Rockingham.

Many thanks

Room Tip: Great if you're visiting Rockingham.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2018

I was advised by my hotel receptionist, to try this pup for my evening meal whilst on a two day business trip.

I arrived to an empty pup (it was cold and very wet outside), vert warm welcome and menu brought ti my table. I order the home made soup and a fish course. The food was excellent and very welcome after a ling day working. Good Service and very good value for money.

One regret is that they are also a hotel and would have booked in if I had not booked elsewhere.

Worth a visit and if I am in the area again will book an overnight stay with diner.

Thanks

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Alec B
Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

Again a fantastic night at the old pheasant. Staff were brilliant and welcoming. Only had bar snacks but they were great. Good atmosphere and great banter. Can't wait for the next one. You have to end on a Benedictine!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

Mother’s Day special today with these guys - what a treat! The kitchen was producing beautifully cooked roasts - huge portions so we could only do two puddings between the 4 of us. Good value - friendly service. Special Day for Mum! Thank you - hope you continue to pull in the business.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 February 2018

We stayed here for one night, last week, the rooms were great value for money, a comfy bed, and an en-suite bathroom with bath and shower. The staff were extremely helpful, and advised of some lovely local walks for me and my dog (who was able to join us in the bar for a delicious Sunday roast). We went for a short walk after our fantastic meal and rested in the bar next to the open fire with a warm hot chocolate. Cannot thank the staff enough for making us feel so welcome during our short stay, we will definitely be returning for a long weekend away sometime soon!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family